Page 1 of 8
its gay, there should be no controversy over it. women should be allowed to kill the fetus if they dont want it
dont agree ...howevr if it was proven rape or for the first time yes or if the baby will have mental or pyshical disability becuase thats not much of a life anyways-just my opion-
Quote by SilverFix69
its gay, there should be no controversy over it. women should be allowed to kill the fetus if they dont want it

yeah, but imagine if your mom had wanted an abortion when she was pregnant with you. you'd never be here today, your friends would never know you, and you'd never have a chance to live. isn't that wrong as well?
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
there's already a couple threads on this, you should've resurected another.

And to add my two cents, pretend that right before your mother had you, she was thinking about abortion.
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
yeah, but imagine if your mom had wanted an abortion when she was pregnant with you. you'd never be here today, your friends would never know you, and you'd never have a chance to live. isn't that wrong as well?

Well, you also have to remember that because you were never alive, you would've never had any concious thought and nobody would ever know you.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by SilverFix69
women should be allowed to kill the fetus if they dont want it

But if you mom wanted to kill you right now it would be the same kind of thing.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
since when can you compare abortion to man love
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
it wouldn't matter to the fetus anyway, because it had no experience of life in the first place.
Society definitely has some double standards, as far as this whole issue goes.

People who kill pregnant women get pinned with double murder, yet abortion is legal? Something is wrong here.

Double standards aside, my leaders tell me its wrong so, thats pretty much my opinion.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by SilverFix69

All I have to say is you sound extremely ignorant.
Oh goody. I'm sure this will be the thread where we all come to an agreement about how good/bad abortion really is. All the thousands of threads before this one were just, like, warmups. I can feel it....

Get on with it. Have your debate, declare your winner, then let the healing begin.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
Quote by SilverFix69

I love how you take such a sensitive subject and totally dumb it down, summing it up as "gay". Please, if you don't have anything intelligent to say towards the subject don't create a topic about it.
Quote by R0CKER1220
MEAT IS MURDER!

wait. . .

wrong debate. . .

Not necessarily. Fetuses are kinda tasty.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
yeah... women should be allowed to kill babies. do realize how ****ed up they are after that? abortion comes with major psychological issues.
Too cool for a signature.
Technically a fetus is just a group of cells, not really able to think or feel until it has developed a nervous system and brain. But people seem to have a problem killing them, but no problem killing other animals or anything. It just matters when it affects you. Pretty sad that humans are like this.
Quote by schitz
Not necessarily. Fetuses are kinda tasty.

You're right, who wouldn't want to make a nice snack out of this?

I'm still pro-abortion, BTW.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
I completely agree with it. If a woman has been raped, or the baby has a disease or deformity, go ahead abort it. Also the baby, is a baby, people dont even think about its future. If the parents wanted it aborted in the first place, then that means when the baby is in this world, they aren't going to give a shit about it. Call it what you want, the world is already overpopulated. Its also still technically in the mothers body so she should have tho choice to abort it. *Puts on Flame-Proof Suit*
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
I think it's wrong. If you were not responsible you should not be allowed to kill someone who has not even had the chance to live yet.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by schitz
Don't go putting your stupid "reality" in my one-line quips. A-hole.

Sorry man, I didn't think anybody would take it that seriously; I was making a one-line quip too....

Quote by MusicMan00
Quote by chrisatgrace
how can you be when you can see the babies little fingers. does a fetus become a human when it is born? no, of course not.

You're right. Once you have fingers, you're alive. Bad news for my friend with the deformed hand, but screw that fingerless freak anyways--he's not even HUMAN!

It's astonishing that no one thought of that until now. Thank you for your service, sir.

*Dons asbestos underwear*
Quote by chipsahoy
Even if the fetus was never alive(which I don't agree with), you'd still be denying it the life it might've had. Maybe if the girl was raped, then it'd be kind of ok. But even then, it's not the fetus's fault, so why should it be denied.?
Quote by cubedeathk
Society definitely has some double standards, as far as this whole issue goes.

People who kill pregnant women get pinned with double murder, yet abortion is legal? Something is wrong here.

Double standards aside, my leaders tell me its wrong so, thats pretty much my opinion.

yes, because blindly following whatever people tell you is a great way to live life.

Are you in a cult or something? You made references to these "leaders" in the evolution forum too.

hell i never trust anyone over the age of 27.
I don't know if I could raise a child whose father was unknown to me, not to mention if someone asked him "Where is your dad, are your parents divorced?"... "No, my mom was raped. Yep, I'm the product of a tragic event."
Quote by cappucino108
If abortion is murder.Ejaculation is massacre.

Holy shit... I never thought of that before....

Well, time to go annihilate 100 million one-cell Humans!

Quote by MusicMan00
Quote by headbanger408
You're right, who wouldn't want to make a nice snack out of this?
I'm still pro-abortion, BTW.

Aww look at it's little jelly brain. I'm actually eating jello right now.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
I think it's wrong. If you were not responsible you should not be allowed to kill someone who has not even had the chance to live yet.

Why should a kid have to suffer for the parents' stupidity? If a kid was raised in such a family she/he is likely to end up the same way.
They should have regulations on breeding so that people who are incapable of taking care of themselves won't make a child suffer for their inabilities. I'm not referring to people with disabilities, but to people who can't make a living for themselves, and people who would not be able to offer a child a proper life. Abortion should be allowed, I don't care what religion says. Most teens shouldn't be allowed to give birth either since most can't care for themselves. For people like that abortion should be mandatory.
Abortion isn't only the end of a potential life (birth control also is, so if you think abortion is wrong do you actually want everyone to reproduce everytime they have sex?) but it's also the end of a potentially wasted and awful life. Also, think of all the starving kids out there who were unplanned and unwanted. Why make more? Take care of the ones we already have, more aren't need unless you can offer it a great life. If you can't offer the kid a great life and you still have it, you're just being selfish and are afraid to abort because you can't deal with the guilt and shame.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 7, 2007,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Good album cover

They actually showed that video at my school (private Christian school sucks), and being the only metalhead there, I proceeded to show everybody the cover of Butchered at Birth (which just happened to be in my backpack).

Oh, and here it its:

Quote by MusicMan00
Quote by headbanger408
Well, you also have to remember that because you were never alive, you would've never had any concious thought and nobody would ever know you.

hmm are you sure that you don't have a totally conscious thought when your in the womb? its not necessarily a fact that you aren't aware when you are that young... you may not remember it but babies in the womb may or may not be counted as actually living... i don't know if i agree with abortion or not... its like murder, but would it be okay if the child wouldn't be able to live a happy and good life anyway?
R.I.P Bellamy
Feb. 6th. National Bellamy Day -Remember the day the pit was one.

SET UP:
Epiphone G-400
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire

Marshall MG Series 10CD

Boss ME-50
Im adopted. I was born in a state with legal abortion. My mom could of aborted me. She didn't. But Im all for abortion. Your just a parasite untill you move out of the hosue and get a job and pay for yer self. I think parents should have the right to abort a child till it turns 18, or 21 in some jurisdicitions.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Im adopted. I was born in a state with legal abortion. My mom could of aborted me. She didn't. But Im all for abortion. Your just a parasite untill you move out of the hosue and get a job and pay for yer self. I think parents should have the right to abort a child till it turns 18, or 21 in some jurisdicitions.

You're funny. I like your ideas.
Quote by headbanger408

Oh, and here it its:

Oh, how cute. Another album cover trying to shock people into changing their views.
Fine I can understand why abortion can be seen as wrong if the mother has the "ability" to take care of the child, but in most cases this isn’t the situation. Think about teen pregnancies, who will take care of the child? The parent(s) who may be forced to do to religious beliefs? Or an orphanage which most have little money to take care of the children. Also children need lots of attention, and do you think they would be getting that in an orphanage? If they were in an orphanage the would go through life thinking there parents didn’t love them, and never know who there parents are I n most cases.

What if the mother is poor and cant take care of the child, and instead of bringing him/her in to the world which will undoubtedly bring pain/suffering through out the child’s life. Wouldn't it just be better for him/her to not be brought in to the world at all?

Abortions can’t be tried on a case by case evaluation either, because that would take to long. The child would probably be born before the case is evaluated (assuming of course). So in closing were just going to have to take the good with the bad instead of denying all wemon the right to chose.
I'm pro-choice.

You guys are only looking at one point in the issue. Whether or not the fetus is alive, denying it life, etc. I don't think it is conscious yet, and I think it is okay to stop it from developing into a lifeform that does have conscioussness. Of course, after a certain amout of time (maybe the 1st trimester) I think abortion shouldn't be an option any more. There has been plenty of opportunity to abort by that time.

But as I said, you guys aren't looking at the big picture. The government shouldn't have that kind of control over our lives. The government shouldn't be able to force anyone to have a baby that they don't want. It oversteps the purpose of the government. Some can argue that the government is protecting the (potential) life of the aborted baby in question*, but to them I restate my views on the matter. I don't believe it isn't truly alive yet, and to stop something from developing to a point where it is conscious is perfectly okay in my book.

*Not that the baby in question would have a good life. It would be an unwanted baby, whether raised by it's biological parents, or in an orphanage.