A pretty cool "goth" band I guess you could say. I'm not really sure what to classify them as. Anyway, stumbled upon them a while back and am getting back into them. I really like them, kinda makes my mind wander, or it could just be I listen to them in 2 in the morning Anyways, cool band, great female singer. Heres an upload for Lake of Sorrow (click on the free one, the PASSWORD IS: tordalk). I reccomend the title track on it, very cool. Sorry if their is a thread already on them, I tried searching and nothing showed up so I guess their isn't. Seems like their was though.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I they're alright. I prefer ^Theater of Tragedy, Autumn or Tristania...Sins just never did it for more all that much.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Hmm, never heard of Theatre of Tragedy. Worth a listen? And yeah, I love Tristania very cool. The thing i like about Sins is that that fiddle (wrong instrument?) player is very good and talented and adds so much to the music. Sort of in a depressing yet happy feeling.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

The reason why I could never get into these guys were the vocals. They just annoyed the hell out of me. Draconian are still the best beauty and the beast band I've heard so far.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Hmm, never heard of Theatre of Tragedy. Worth a listen? And yeah, I love Tristania very cool. The thing i like about Sins is that that fiddle (wrong instrument?) player is very good and talented and adds so much to the music. Sort of in a depressing yet happy feeling.

Most definately. Well, their first three albums were goth metal, but then they got all industrial/techno... Here you can check out a great song from their goth days. On Whom the Moon Doth Shine, Cassandra, and Black As the Devil Painteth are other great songs to check out.
Last edited by Mudvayne_4_Life at Feb 9, 2007,
This band is awesome, it's so weird how it's depressing and a happy feeling at the same time.... don't no why I posted that, haha, just bored I guess.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

.. Mies TEh GRaaMer iSN"TT teH BEstorZ
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

The Sins of Thy Beloved is a preetty good band. I just think they get really boring really fast. I never did listen to their album all the way through. I just kinda listened to it over time. I still prefer Draconian over them.

BUT. When it comes to doom-ish type metal, Mjolnir owns them all.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
^^
+1.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Quote by mortiis999
LOL What a gay name.

Mortiis.

Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
I really, really, dislike this band. There's waaaay too many shity Theatre of Tragedy rip-offs like this.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by chylde_of_fire
I really, really, dislike this band. There's waaaay too many shity Theatre of Tragedy rip-offs like this.

True, there are a lot of ToT rip-offs. I've only heard one song by The Sins of Thy Beloved though, so I can't really say for myself.
I love TSOTB. Sure, they may sound somewhat reminiscient of ToT, but ToT was one of the first bands to use beauty and the beast vocals, so you could theoretically argue that every band that uses them is a rip-off. I think that ToT started that vocal style, but others, such as TSOTB, improved upon it. I'll grant that TSOTB didn't have an incredibly unique sound, but they were still recognizable. I liked their first album better than their second, it was a bit slower and more melancholic. And apparently they're recording another album after disappearing years ago, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also, as Mudvayne said, ToT's first three albums were the only really good ones. And, honestly, the first two were a lot better than the third. In the first two, Raymond used death vocals exclusively, but in the third, he switched to clean vocals which, IMHO, he wasn't very good at.

Oh, and by the way, it's a violin, not a fiddle.
^Man, I sorta hate that Raymond had to be in ToT, cause I think he's probably the one who wanted to switch to the whole industrial/techno style. (I think this because he does all the programming and on their official site, he states rappers such as Lil' Kim, Eminem, etc. as some of his favorite artists.)
^Wow, are you serious? I seriously had no idea that he actually liked rap. Although, that kind of explains why ToT suddenly went from good to **** in one album. Although, they kind of hinted that they were turning techno in their EP, A Rose for the Dead, when they turned some of their good songs into techno remixes. Very disappointing. Oh well. At least there're enough good bands still around to balance it out.