View poll results: divorce
its wrong
14 27%
should be allowed
33 63%
no opinion
5 10%
Voters: 52.
like it? hate it? your opinions. discuss.

edit: ok, i think divorce is mostly bad, but not in all cases. Divorces can **** up a kid really bad, but if all the parents are do is fighting and driving the kid nuts it would be ok and also if they dont have any kids. I just think if they have kids and stuff they should just be mature enough to do whats right for their child.
Last edited by Kurt123 at Feb 7, 2007,
shut up.

*closed*
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
How could anyone LIKE divorce? Divorce rates are really high these days.. It saddens me.

EDIT: It should be allowed though. Some people really NEED to get divorced.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
I hate it. If you pledged to spend your whole life with someone infront of your family and closest friends then you should stick with that.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I don't think anyone really likes it but it's a part of life these days
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
All couples should have the right to divorce. I don't see how it can be wrong, unless you're looking at it from a religious stand-point. You can't force two people who have fallen out of love to be together their entire lives just because they're supposed to be binded by some synthetic religious vows.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Obviously it should be allowed genius, otherwise we'd all end up killing our (future) spouses.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
I hate it. If you pledged to spend your whole life with someone infront of your family and closest friends then you should stick with that.

But if you made a mistake it would be awful to stay together, and worse if you had kids to see you fight all the time.
Quote by Kurt123
like it? hate it? your opinions. discuss.

Lets make a poll for:

People who don't give an opinion or any content to their own thread.

Honestly you couldn't even start your own thread off with your opinion, or even a little content.

Why are so many threads started this way, blah blah ....discuss.
epic7734
Divorce is socially unnacceptable?

Well, you hear about celebrities getting married. And 3 months later, the divorce comes.

But off-topic:

When Tom Cruise and his hostage have a child (out of marriage), it's a miracle. When anybody else has a child (out of marriage) , it's illegitimate. WTF?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by sickminded fool
shut up.

*closed*

Seriously, don't ****ing start being bobbert.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Well seeing as I just went through one, heres my thing on it.

Now, just some background. Had been with my ex wife for 10 years. Married for 6. She is bipolar. I've never once abused her. Not an alcoholic, nor do drugs. Now I have never cheated, but she did once when we were dating. I still loved her, so I did my best to get over it. We didn't have major money issues. I'll admit I can have a bit of a temper, but even the marriage counselor said I didn't have anger issues. About every 6 months or so, we'd have a big blowout argument. Now outside of that, we'd bicker like any other married couple. But, really things weren't that bad. But, because she is a complete slob and does nothing, I'd get pissed. This to her was 'mental abuse'. Its not like I was begging her to cook wait on me hand and foot, but just clean up after herself and make an effort to do something around the house. She simply gave up. Things with counseling were getting better after 2 sessions and she gave up.

I should add, that in the last year, we've had 3 deaths in our immediate family. Her dad died last February of lung cancer at age 50. Then in November, my grandpa passed away. Two weeks later, her grandma passed away. Last year was a bit much to take.

But, about 2 weeks ago, I talked to her about a 'deal'. I knew she was having a hard time saving up for a down payment on a new house (I can pay for our current home on my own and she has said I should keep it.) and seemed to be having second thoughts (she didn't want things to get great again, then go to shit again like it always does). So I told her this: I said, keep saving money to move out. But, put off the divorce for 1 year. We'll go through separate counseling and keep going through marriage counseling together. But, keep saving like you're going to move out. We'll work at it. At the end of the year, if it works out, we take the money you were saving and go on a 2nd honeymoon cruise. If not, we get the divorce and you have your money for the new house. I told her not to decide then, even if she knew her answer, but take a few days to think about it. I ask her 2 days later what she thinks. She said, 'Did you mean live together divorced and get remarried?' I was like, "What? No, wtf? I meant put the divorce off for a year." She says, 'But, I already sent in the papers last week.' I looked at her in disgust, 'You couldn't have ****ing told me that the day I asked you about this? This makes the whole thing ****ing useless. WTH is wrong with you?' She says, 'Maybe we can live separately and try over. I mean again, from scratch.' I said, 'No. There is no reset button. We have history that can't be ignored. Its done and over now if you already sent in the papers.'

I feel that was dishonest and that I've been lied to (with her disregarding the marriage vows). I'm not real religious but, you do take those vows for a reason. If you're going to get married, you should do it with the intention of staying together forever. If you're unsure, don't get married. You take those vows in a church 'before God'. They're sacred. If you can't abide by them, don't get married. I did what I could to make things work, but you can't do someone else's work for them. If she wasn't willing to put forth the effort, I can't do anything about it. I don't think this is really what she wants in the long run and I believe that she is going to realize what a mistake this was in 2-3 months down the road. Everyone we know thinks she is making a big mistake. But whats done is done.

So yeah I think divorce is wrong. People don't take it serious enough. But, in the cases of excessive drinking/drugs, abuse and things like that, I also don't think God wants people to live their lives in fear or complete misery. So I guess I think its possibly justifiable in some cases. But, very few.
most of the time people get divorced because they marry too quickly and arent really right for each other. But then again sometimes shit just doesnt work out. so i think it should be allowed but discouraged.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Seriously how could anyone like divorce? Breaking up hurts like hell, divorce is gonna be worse with kids and stuff...
And u cant even not allow divorces. You cant make two people chained to eachother by legal laws. If they feel they cant live with eachother anyone, they're free to go seperate ways... rather than staying with together and making eachother's life hell...
I wish my parents divorced a decade ago. Them staying together ruined my dad's, my brother's, and my life.
I think divorce is a sad thing....my parents went through it. But, although it sucks that it couldn't work out, it was the best thing that really could have happened to my family. I'm glad my mom decided to leave my dad.....we are all just much happier now. And it's not like my mom didn't try to fix things. They were married for 20 years and there was no progress....my dad was just absolutely unwilling to change.

Although I believe that in most cases, people jump ship far too early.
what pisses me off is when a married couple gets divorced and the wife gets the husband's hard earned cash and such. That just shouldn't be allowed. But, if two individuals can't get along anymore then they need to be separated.
Quote by the_experience
I think divorce is a sad thing....my parents went through it. But, although it sucks that it couldn't work out, it was the best thing that really could have happened to my family. I'm glad my mom decided to leave my dad.....we are all just much happier now. And it's not like my mom didn't try to fix things. They were married for 20 years and there was no progress....my dad was just absolutely unwilling to change.

Although I believe that in most cases, people jump ship far too early.
Mine's the opposite (well, in the same manner). My dad keeps trying to keep things sane, but my mom will never change her selfish, my-way-or-no-way attitude.
Quote by yawn
Mine's the opposite (well, in the same manner). My dad keeps trying to keep things sane, but my mom will never change her selfish, my-way-or-no-way attitude.

Are your parents still together?
Quote by clint160
what pisses me off is when a married couple gets divorced and the wife gets the husband's hard earned cash and such. That just shouldn't be allowed. But, if two individuals can't get along anymore then they need to be separated.

This is a misconception. The general idea is that what you go into the marriage with as an individual is what you come out with. What you earn as a couple, you split as a couple -- this makes perfect sense, as marriage makes you (financially) one legal entity.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by the_experience
Are your parents still together?
Unfortunately, yeah.

My dad keeps verging on the decision to call it quits, but he's nearly sixty years old so he knows it's really not possible.
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
This is a misconception. The general idea is that what you go into the marriage with as an individual is what you come out with. What you earn as a couple, you split as a couple -- this makes perfect sense, as marriage makes you (financially) one legal entity.

hmm, that still doesn't make me any happier, because it's still putting money in the hands of gold digging wives who didn't earn that money
Quote by clint160
hmm, that still doesn't make me any happier, because it's still putting money in the hands of gold digging wives who didn't earn that money

If you were rich before you met her, no it doesn't. If you were poor before you met her, she wasn't gold digging.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Well,my parents just got divorced. I would rather live with having divorced parents then in that house with out them loving each other. Either way; alot of people get divorced these days, because back in the 60's-70's if a woman didn't have man there weren't alot of opportunitys. Now woman can do anything a man can do. So they don't have to stay with their husbands if they stop loving each other. Instead of staying with them so they won't be on welfare ect.
hey guy!
Quote by yawn
Unfortunately, yeah.

My dad keeps verging on the decision to call it quits, but he's nearly sixty years old so he knows it's really not possible.

ohhh....yeah that really is too bad.....my mom's almost 48 (been divorced for about 3 years) and still trying to get on with her life. It's tough.....

Hope things work out for you..
My parents divorced right after I was born.

It's probably my fault.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by the_experience
ohhh....yeah that really is too bad.....my mom's almost 48 (been divorced for about 3 years) and still trying to get on with her life. It's tough.....

Hope things work out for you..
Thanks.
Quote by Kurt123
like it?

Yea, I love divorce. I think its hilarious.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?