Ok, I currently play a schecter Gryphon (Ruby red) which iv owned for about three years, im thinking of buying a C-1+ (Vintage Sunburst) from a friend for about 450 which is about 100 cheaper than guitar center out here, and was thinking about just slapping a whammy bar on the gryphon and keep both, cause they are both great guitars. Is that a smart idea or should i just keep using the gryphon and forget about the C-1+?
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
The only real differences in those guitars are the fact that the C1 Plus is a set neck, and has binding. Also, it would be expensive and also hard to get the Gryphon routed for a trem, probably over $300. But if you want a guitar just for the sake of getting a new guitar, I would go for it.
dude get the C-1 my friends got it and its awesome and keep the gryphon cause thats my guitar and make sure the whammy you get is a proLine tremolo arm with bushing or the Ibanez 2LE21B Tremolo Arm, their the most comfortable fitting ones... i got the proline on my gryphon and its amazing so keep the gryphon and buy the C-1 and get the same whammy for the gryphone and the C-1
LIVE LOVEBURN DIE
How do you like the Gryphon? I'm thinking bout it as a good step up from my LTD Viper-50....
I'm probably gonna get the Ruby Red too. Is this guitar good for Southern Rock like Skynyrd and Classic Rock? I've seen lots of stuff reccomending it for metal which I never play
Thanks for any help, good luck with whatever choice you make
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Last edited by i(ncubus)play at Feb 18, 2007,
Even though they are both excellent guitars, personally I would just save up more and get a better upgrade, because if you think about it in the long run, its really not that much of a difference like toastinator said, just the set neck, but still your decision.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Quote by thetoastinator
Its a pretty versatile guitar. I usually play metal with it, but I use it for classic rock stuff a lot too.

Thanks, do you have the ruby red color? I can't tell in the picture but it looks like it fades from red to blackish, but I can't be sure.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"