Page 1 of 2
The other day I made a thread similar to this stating that since ozzfest is free, certain things are going to be cut significantly and I think it will be security and medical mostly.

After reading the news on this website I read the quote by the Osbournes about how kids have no money and now they don't need to worry about paying high prices for tickets.

But if these kids with no money are going to a concert in the middle of the summer, how do you expect them to pay for water and food for an event that last a good 15 hours? I mean, water and food isn't free. There are the drinking fountains of course, but those are packed literally with lines of people to take a sip.

I just have this mental image of all these desperate kids with "no money" fainting and dry heaving and eventually dying.
It's not their fault if stupid kids have no money
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
I doubt people will be stupid enough to go to Ozzfest without $50 at least. (Water is expensive)

Also they are getting sponsors to pay for everything.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Interesting point.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
never heard of this "ozzfest"
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
i would like some info on ozzfest, whre is it at, how do you get in?

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba
Well, for one there's a rumor going around that Ozzfest is going to be indoors from now on with only like 5-6 acts. That would take care of the 15 hours in heat thing. Also, the Osbournes have plenty of money to fund this thing without needing to profit from it. They said they wanted to make it a gift. They wouldn't take away such commodities such as security and medical. Giving a gift and adding danger is like taking a chick's virginity but giving her herpes in the process.

"Oh, that was wonderful"
"I forgot to tell you I have herpes"
" "
Quote by myself101

I hope you're kidding.

But are they actually making it free? If so, then that'll be badass.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
They can pack a lunch and have a picnic!

A grim and necro metal picnic!
Quote by happytimeharry
Well, for one there's a rumor going around that Ozzfest is going to be indoors from now on with only like 5-6 acts. That would take care of the 15 hours in heat thing. Also, the Osbournes have plenty of money to fund this thing without needing to profit from it. They said they wanted to make it a gift. They wouldn't take away such commodities such as security and medical. Giving a gift and adding danger is like taking a chick's virginity but giving her herpes in the process.

"Oh, that was wonderful"
"I forgot to tell you I have herpes"
" "

That's not a very good analogy, but I'll be damned if it wasn't funny!
Quote by sargasm
A grim and necro metal picnic!

Pfft, Ozzfest is about and Grim and Necro as SOAD.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by drevil814
That's not a very good analogy, but I'll be damned if it wasn't funny!

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. Screw post editing though...
^ Have you ever been to a concert in your life? They don't let you take picnic blankets or any food.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by headbanger408
I hope you're kidding.

never heard of it...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I hope they stay outdoors with the concert. It's always better outside.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Will_Minus
^ Have you ever been to a concert in your life? They don't let you take picnic blankets or any food.

Most places would actually...
Quote by Will_Minus

Exactly. They don't even let you take water in with a broken seal.

I don't care what the Osbournes say, they're going to profit big time off of this "Freefest" because of all the sponsors. This really isn't for the fans, it's a very unique marketing ploy.
Quote by Will_Minus

yeah well, have YOU been to a S Club 7 concert

didn't think so
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
never heard of it...

It's a music festival in Ozzy's name. In the past it's had 2 stages, a smaller on and the main stage. Tons of bands tour around to different outdoor venues and play all day long, with Ozzy usually headlining on the main stage. It's fun if you don't mind blistering heat and waiting in 30 minute lines for water fountains that taste like piss.

Quote by myself101
yeah well, have YOU been to a S Club 7 concert

didn't think so

Spice Girls. I win.
^LOL myself101 you lead a very sheltered child!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
where are they usually at, how do you go to one?

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Cube 60

Quote by myself101

lol
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Quote by _guitar_hero_

They're usually at amphitheaters. How do you go to one? Uh, get tickets and drive...
Quote by happytimeharry
It's a music festival in Ozzy's name. In the past it's had 2 stages, a smaller on and the main stage. Tons of bands tour around to different outdoor venues and play all day long, with Ozzy usually headlining on the main stage. It's fun if you don't mind blistering heat and waiting in 30 minute lines for water fountains that taste like piss.

oh ok
<//////>~
Quote by _guitar_hero_

You slip the security guard a $5 or you make a mad dash into the masses of people.
Quote by headbanger408
I hope you're kidding.

you an idiot, nothing is free, this "free" ozzfest is just gathering publicity so that more people will come and spend money on merchandise, also their sponsers will pay them a shitload now that is is a highly media covered event
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin

Thanks man.
Quote by Skraeling86
Wait, Ozzfest is going to be free? I'm going. When/where.

Right now. Oooo.... just missed it my friend.

No dates have been announced...
what bands are playing?

better than the big day out?
<//////>~
where do you get the tickets at, and why do you need tickets if its free?...

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Cube 60

Quote by trueyoungpunk
But a picnic has to be outdoors.

...your avatar goes right along with Creeping Death.
Quote by headbanger408
Pfft, Ozzfest is about and Grim and Necro as SOAD.

Because any metal that isnt grim and necro isn't good. Right?

Quote by Sirdonikis
The other day I made a thread similar to this stating that since ozzfest is free, certain things are going to be cut significantly and I think it will be security and medical mostly.

After reading the news on this website I read the quote by the Osbournes about how kids have no money and now they don't need to worry about paying high prices for tickets.

But if these kids with no money are going to a concert in the middle of the summer, how do you expect them to pay for water and food for an event that last a good 15 hours? I mean, water and food isn't free. There are the drinking fountains of course, but those are packed literally with lines of people to take a sip.

I just have this mental image of all these desperate kids with "no money" fainting and dry heaving and eventually dying.

Oh, and no. It's indoors. They'll live. And unless they walk, they will obviously have SOME cash for food and water. Or, gasp, bring their own.
Last edited by The way to hate at Feb 7, 2007,
There is something on ozzfest.com about dates but i dont know if its this years and if its final... if it is that sucks...theres no dates in canada
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
from the main site...

"a 25-date extravaganza launching July 7 in Los Angeles--is pulling the plug on ticket prices and giving the power back to the fans calling this summer’s OZZFEST "FreeFest." The other OZZFEST cities as of now are San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Hartford, Charlotte, Atlanta, West Palm Beach, Nashville. Note: a final confirmed list of cities and dates is forthcoming."

HELL YES!!!!
Page 1 of 2