Page 1 of 2
So surprised not seeing a thread on them.
I don't ever remember seeing one.

So good.
They write such good 2-step parts, haha.

myspace.com/blackdahliamurder
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
you should........die.......2 step are you ****in' kidding me dude wtf are you on. i ****in' hate hardcore ****s like you, their a melodic death metal band wtf is wrong with you ****in' christ.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Not only hardcore has 2-step parts. Most music that actually holds a beat have 2-step parts.
Try taking your head out of your ass, there is a real world out there.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
dude. you don't know what your talking about.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Everyone who isn't a retard in this forum will disagree with you on that one.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
I vouch for SS 100%

But im thinking this thread is a joke because there was a thread awhile back:

Quote by FACE_MELTER666

Yes, I am a black dahlia fan...

Quote by SilentSpectacle

So boring, so overrated

wtf?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
More than one person use my UG account sometimes.
I have a few friends who have the password when they want to post on the forums.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Now its making sense.

And to contribute I think these guys are great. Miasma owns.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
I would have to agree

the difference between Unhallowed and Miasma make it much easier to listen to them for extended periods of time. Their earlier stuff is more raw and heavier sounding, whereas their new stuff is faster and more melodic

I love it all
Its all good shit, I think Black Dahlia are supposed to go in the metal forum though. Theres a thread with 4 or 5 pages already there.

So yeah just post there. But that dude is still a tool.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by SilentSpectacle
I personally like Unhallowed better, but Miasma is super good.

I like Unhallowed as a whole better as well. I was referring to the individual song though. Both are really good listens.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Eh, BDM could go either way. Metal forum/hardcore forum.
Different crowd at least.
I know this won't get moved or closed.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Its funny because for awhile they were listed in the DO NOT POST section of the metal forum. Apparently they changed that.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
The Metal Forum is just a weird place altogether. Most of the people in hardcore forum can get away with posting anything because it's just the usual crowd that comes in here and we don't even care what it is.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
this is one of my fav bands. unhallowed is so ****ing good ive listened to it at least 50 times and its not boring yet.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
The Metal Forum is just a weird place altogether. Most of the people in hardcore forum can get away with posting anything because it's just the usual crowd that comes in here and we don't even care what it is.

ha yea i agree. Thats also sadly true about the hardcore forum and the main reason this forum is filled with obnoxious bands (and people). We need a hardcore version of Greety to check people.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
I'm not gonna lie, I love them. I bought Unhallowed a while ago and RAPED that cd. I don't care if they're "boring," or "typical."
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Funeral Thirst is my favourite song by them at the moment, although I think I prefer Miasma as an overall album.
They were such a big influence to me as a young one, Trevor and John have this other really awsome band called death on the walls or something but I couldn't find their myspace.
Quote by jerm__
you should........die.......2 step are you ****in' kidding me dude wtf are you on. i ****in' hate hardcore ****s like you, their a melodic death metal band wtf is wrong with you ****in' christ.

Would you ever say that to someone in person? No! Why? Cause you'd sound like a willy and everyone would laugh at you for being so pedantic about genres. Fuck off.

Great band. I love Miasma and Unhallowed equally, although the musicianship is far greater on Miasma in my opinion. They have so many classic songs.
Yeah, I check the bands out in the metal forum, but never post, it's just not a very productive community.

I like TBDM a lot though, they've got some pretty good guitar and drum parts.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I've never listened to Unhallowed all the way through but Miasma is a solid record. For some reason I ended up going to Sounds of the Underground last summer and BDM put on a pretty damn good show. Them and Converge were the only good bands there.
i just don't understand it, everyone seems to like Unhallowed better, but i love Miasma so much more. Yes Unhallowed is good but Miasma is so much more melodic and better put together, they sounded so much more originla on Miasma. Whatever, i guess it's just a difference in preferences, because i am a more melodic deathcore, rather than just straight up deathcore guy. Oh well
^I think people preferred unhallowed for that reason. It was so much more raw than Miasma was. But I am a fan of both albums and I like the differences between them.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by SadistNation
i just don't understand it, everyone seems to like Unhallowed better, but i love Miasma so much more. Yes Unhallowed is good but Miasma is so much more melodic and better put together, they sounded so much more originla on Miasma. Whatever, i guess it's just a difference in preferences, because i am a more melodic deathcore, rather than just straight up deathcore guy. Oh well

Well, I what I loved about Unhallowed is the fact that they went in an out of melodic passages and weren't confined to any specific key (though the lead guitar was always confined to one specific scale ) where as before they wrote Miasma they realised that they weren't on MTV and they should be, so they added in the elements which became greatly loved by some and greatly critisised by others. I don't know if that makes sense, but really my point is, it comes down to who you are and what you are looking for when making preferances on the music you like. If you like Miasma go for it!!!
Is the rumour true that Nick Pierce quit The Faceless to join BDM and then got rejected by BDM? Hahhaha.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Is the rumour true that Nick Pierce quit The Faceless to join BDM and then got rejected by BDM? Hahhaha.

Nah, not quite. Apparentley he quit the faceless then decided to try out for BDM but didn't get the spot, and then later on he tried to re-join the facless but they didn't want him. but the faceless have no drummer at the moment, there using their previous drummer brett for live shows though.
Well nonetheless, sucks for Pierce as he's a great drummer, and The Faceless wreck.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
I'm listening to Unhallowed at the moment.
No wait, just changed song.

I enjoy Black Dahlia a lot. Been so into them since I saw a local band here do a cover (or 4) of theirs at a show about a year ago.
I think they were a bit obsessed with them, though. Haha. They ALL had BDM shirts, haha. So good. They ****ing ripped, too, very well.

Ah wtf, it changed to Memphis by NJ....
^Sorry about your ears :[

Hahah nice story though. Listened to Unhallowed....five times yesterday?
Getting a little obsessed with that album.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by Gymmeh
. Been so into them since I saw a local band here do a cover (or 4) of theirs at a show about a year ago.
I think they were a bit obsessed with them, though. Haha. They ALL had BDM shirts, haha. So good. They ****ing ripped, too, very well.

Ah, is that heavens lost?
^The guy from Suicide Silence wins the headbanging anyways :]

The music and live videos....so funny!
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by Gymmeh
Hahah.
Fine then, he gives it a good shot.

PARDON THE PUN....

I shouldn't laugh at that, it's blasphamy.
I heard BDM lost their drummer? Maybe its old news but I just found out and im kinda pissed about it. He had some real talent.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
I heard BDM lost their drummer? Maybe its old news but I just found out and im kinda pissed about it. He had some real talent.

Yeah he quit, he wanted a "more secure lifestyle". Amazing drummer.

Whats the story with BDM and Abigail Williams members? Dont AW have some ex members of Black Dahlia (who were in during the Unhallowed album)?
Page 1 of 2