can really cold weather affect the performance of an amp
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

ive wondered this too cuz one day i came back from a week in florida and my rents had left the heat off in the house cuz we werent there n when i got back my amp made this funny whirring noise and wouldnt play till it warmed up
well i assume tube amps would take some more time warming up, cuz of the tubes... but i have no clue so...
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
i've left my bass amp in my car over night .. in frigid cold temps .. and it doesnt seem to hurt it at all .. its still bitching
what can it do to tubes
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

yeaah.. i live in alaska.. and it gets pretty cold in the house sometimes when we leave the heat off while we're at school or work... and i dont think it affects the amp but it affects your guitar... it makes it go out of tune... it make my jackon's floyd rose go off balance haha.. took me like 30 mins to retune.
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
it's suppose to be really cold tonight where i live so should i get it out of my basement and into heat

Hellsing Organization

depends... how cold?
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
zero

Hellsing Organization