Well, I owe my friend 15 bucks, right? Right.

We head off to a game, a basketball game. I have no pockets, I ask him to hold my money. He has nearly 140 in many different bills, I have exactly 15 bucks in three 5's. Well, a family who had lost their child was collecting donations. I asked him to throw 1 of my fives in, and instead of grabbing my money, which was easier accessible than his, he grabs his money (knowingly, and on purpose) and throws his own five in, and says I no owe him 20 bucks.

I find this bullshit, seeing as it's obvious he just wanted to run my total up. Granted, 20 bucks isn't alot, but I have no job, I need the money I can get.

So Am I right in saying, I should still owe him 15 (which I've since paid off, but he's still harking for that 5 bucks)?
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
Nope your buddy is right since he threw in 5 bucks for you. Why didn't you just give him your five?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

You still owe him $15...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You owe him $15 and he owes you $10, that's what I meant to say.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Confront him about the situation, yell at him, don't give him any time to say anything, be nasty until he has tears in his eyes and is begging your forgivness, then give him the other $5 and then casually walk away. That will teach the bastard
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Wait why was a fmaily who lost their child collecting donations? Seems like they'd have one less child to support...
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

um, he was holding your money right? as far as im concerned, it was a big melting pot of cash. it doesnt matter WHOS bill it was, it was your intended action, and when he gives you your money, he gives oyu ten. i see no problem...
R.I.P. Dime Bag Darrell!
member#13 of the official lindsay lohan fan club
Member #20 of the Nirvana Fan Club
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Wait why was a fmaily who lost their child collecting donations? Seems like they'd have one less child to support...

There's this ad on TV that says funerals cost $10,000. I'm not sure if that's true, but that's a hell of a lot of money.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Maybe they needed to pay the detective to find it...
wtf? first of all your friend is an ass. second, are you right in the head? the way i see it, he pretty much donated five bucks, and he didn't use your 15 bucks. he OWES you 10 bucks and a damn apology for having that much money and still trying to get away with yours.

kids...
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
There's this ad on TV that says funerals cost $10,000. I'm not sure if that's true, but that's a hell of a lot of money.

i think it's more like 5 or 6 grand
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff

you could also burn em, not sure what that would cost? Plus according to monty python you can eat them which is a bit of a surprise if they're not quite dead
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Wait...if he threw in one of his fives, why didn't he just take one of your fives? It's no different than throwing your own five in. If you refused to give him this 5 then you do owe him 20.

This is Grade 2 math here....seriously.....
You owe him $15, and he owes you an appology. Or you get to give him a swift kick in the teeth for being an asshole. Either way would be fine.
*This Space For Rent*
In this arguement, you're both dumb. You should have held your own money, and your friend should have thrown in YOUR money.

Give him 17.50, and let that be the end of it.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
well, if you owed him 15, and he put 5 of his in for you, and then gave you your 15 back, you owed him the 15, and the 5. so you owe him 20. not too hard to figure out, although it is a little strange that he did it that way.
I have friends that owe me a lot more than 15.

And I'm in debt atleast 50 dollars with another. He doesn't care though.. Rich.

I don't see the need to ask for money. If i ever need money, though, they better give it to me.
You gave him your money. You wanted him to donate $5 that belonged to you. Basically, he would have given you $5 back, and then you'd have given that to the family. So now he has your $10 still.

If he was just holding your money for you, and nobody owed anyone anything, then he owes you $10. If you owed him $15 prior to the game, then you owe him $5 more.