i guess this is the right thread to do this under...since people here may actually be helpful unlike the pit...haha..

i have a peavey bandit 112 and i was wondering how do i get my tone to sound like Avenged Sevenfold
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
*Not to sound like a jerk.

Don't go looking to copy someone's tone. However, to get a good metal tone... Crank up your Bass and Treble and scoop the hell out of your Mids.
Quote by guitarjunky89
*Not to sound like a jerk.

Don't go looking to copy someone's tone. However, to get a good metal tone... Crank up your Bass and Treble and scoop the hell out of your Mids.

*also, not to sound like a jerk.

copying someone's tone is cool man. but its not the best thing to do. cuz u can only be the who is it from Avenge Sevenfold. u want to be urself don't u? and for Avenge Sevenfold's solo tones, i think theres less treble in the sound than normal metal bands.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
wat does it mean to scoop the mids ya i just thought of them when i thought of metal cause i like thesre tone and i know a lot of people know who they are
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
yeah man it also depends which guitarist, i think the two in A7X is like Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance
Quote by Rebel1991
wat does it mean to scoop the mids ya i just thought of them when i thought of metal cause i like thesre tone and i know a lot of people know who they are

scooping the mid is turning the mids control on ur EQ all the way down.
it gets the metally... heavy sound.
classic rock and stuff is opposite. u crank the mids. but i guess ur not askin bout that
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
while we're on the subject of tone, anyone got any tips for getting a tone near Iommi's on the Past Lives cd?