Stacked Actors
Registered Sex Offender
456 IQ
Would people be intrested in me making a John Frusciante guitar method lesson? I figure he's getting fairly popular 'round these parts and there isn't any lesson in the "Guitar Guru" section and I was just wondering if I was to make one if people would read it.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

soadquake981
n00b
911 IQ
there was one in an issue of guitar player magazine, although i don't remember what month and year. i'm sure it's on their website.
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
Stacked Actors
Registered Sex Offender
456 IQ
Quote by soadquake981
there was one in an issue of guitar player magazine, although i don't remember what month and year. i'm sure it's on their website.

I'm talking in the lesson section of UG.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Dardarian
*insert witty remark here
1,298 IQ
I'd love to read a guide like that! I hope you make it!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
NotAJock2Day
Potential
775 IQ
I love John Frusciante as a guitar player, but he's really not that technical. The most notable thing is his live improv, but that takes feeling and instinct (aquired, not taught). His thumb over technique is covered in almost every Jimi Hendrix lesson (and even John Mayer to some extent) and his funk playing is very basic.

Not to mention that trying to condense the diverse styles and songs he's played over the years (with or without the Chilli's) is a futile effort.
Strat_Monkey
UG's Moody Bastard
710 IQ
Give it a go, but me and the other guys in the Chilis and Jfroo threads'll be come down on you like a ton of bricks if you get anything wrong...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
rhcp_freak
UG Spammer
2,981 IQ
i would love a Fru lesson
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
woodenbandman
Likes Dragonforce
1,139 IQ
He is Not Talented.

I'm sorry, but any band stupid enough to release "Snow" doesn't deserve a single syllable.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
mattreid222
UG Senior Member
675 IQ
Quote by woodenbandman
He is Not Talented.

I'm sorry, but any band stupid enough to release "Snow" doesn't deserve a single syllable.

... just no
POST FINDER