I'm pretty sure this is thre right board. I'll start this thread off with Zach de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine playing some traditional latin music and singing .
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
wow that's really cool. he really needs to make an album of any kind.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Most guitarists play outside their "regular" genre

two examples:
Slash ~ Everything under the sun
Malmsteen ~ Everything under the sun
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
I know a bunch of ish like this, um, Joe Perry from Aerosmith did the theme song for the Spiderman cartoon that was on Fox, he played the guitar. The bassist from Fear Factory has played bass on a bunch of Wu-Tang songs. On the song 'GO' by rapper Common, John Mayer sang the words go and came up with the concept of the song. Thats all I can think of right now.
^^ didnt know that about Joe Perry
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
RZA wrote the score for one of the Kill Bill movies.
Bruce Springsteen plays a stripped down acoustic album every once in awhile.
Madonna did a rave album apprently.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Well, Muse has songs that range from synth-rock to opera-metal to pop-rock to Romantic style and beyond, but I guess this isn't really straying from their usual genre since their usual "genre" is already inherently diverse...

Ionno.

P.S. - Zach sure has teeth...
Last edited by yawn at Feb 9, 2007,
I found another weird one, Josey Scott from Saliva did some vocals on Jay-z song the Takeover.
Fightstar covered Metallica's Leper Messiah, as were most of the artists on that album playing out of their usual genre.
Also Kerry King played the guitar on no sleep til brooklyn by the beatie boys. Good ass song!
Well, I'd say Good Riddance was a bit out there genre-wise for Green Day when it came out.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep