i love the look of eastwood guitars, especially the hummingbird and the ichiban. im thinking of getting one of those, but i mostly play metal (prog metal to be specific). im not sure how those kinds of pickups or guitars in general would sound for metal, if it was plugged into something like a mesa boogie dual rectifier solo head/cab would i be able to get a good metal tone out of it? would i need to change the pickups, and for that matter, could i change the pickups?

thanks in advance.
the one that looks like an ovation sounds pretty good with heavey distortion. that's the only one i've played. i liked it though.
You could plug a Martin acoustic into a rectifier and get good distortion.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
^if that was a joke at my post, ovation produced a solid body electric for a few years. they are now collectors items, and used by josh homme from quueens of the stone age.
Quote by freedumb
^if that was a joke at my post, ovation produced a solid body electric for a few years. they are now collectors items, and used by josh homme from quueens of the stone age.

I thought he used Matons after he saw Brody Dalle using one? Maton acoustics are amazing, but I hate the look of their electrics
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I want to see someone play some metal on the map shape airline with the bigsby. that would be AWESOME.