What does it mean to have something as major or minor? I have searched everywhere and i just can't find it. Are certain notes major or minor or is it a way you play notes the defines it? I just want you to all know i have no previous musical experience so i dont know things like this. Please help.
It means that the intervals in the chords form a minor shape, but I would have to teach you theory for you to understand in that manner. Let's just say that it has a distinct sound, mysterious you might say, instead of the wholesome major chords.
well a major chord sounds "happy" while a minor chord sounds "sad"... actually the only difference is that the minor is an half-note flat on the third but that's some theory and I doubt you've learned it yet... learn it, it's important!

anyways, here's some basics

Major Chord -> Root + 3rd + 5th
ex: Emaj Chord -> E + G# + B (which is played 022100 in open shape)
This sounds "happy"...

Minor Chord -> Root + 3rd flat + 5th
ex: Em Chord -> E + G + B (which is played 022000 in open shape)
...and this sounds "sad"

so.. the 3rd (G#) is flattened on the minor chord.. so the note on the G string turns from a G# (Fret 1) into a G (Fret 0)

anyways, I suggest you read those, they helped me very much!

UG Musician Talk Theory Sticky

Guide to Chord Formations

I hope that helps you!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
IF you get something with major and minor scales on them, try playing them. You'll be able to tell the difference.
Member of the Geddy Lee Fanclub. He pwns you ALL!

Member #24 of the FFVII fan club

STICK IT TO THE MAN
Quote by grapeflavor
Thanks, that helped alot!

WOOOHOOOO
1st time I help (significantly) somebody on UG (I joined a few days ago so I didn't have time yet) .... woot I love this feeling!

I'm glad I could've helped you out!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!