umm check the microphone volume on audacity,(if you havent already) and if that doesnt work put whatever your recording as close as you can to the mike. hope that helps
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
the volumes in audacity are all the way up and i am recording vocals with it so its right up to my face already and i already tried singing as loud as safely possible. unless there is some sort of weird volume setting i don't know about i don't think thats the problem. The input volume thing in plain sight is already jacked up all the way.
then maybe try to buy a better mic? sorry, i only know a little bit about recording right now
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
go to control panel on your computor and turn the mic up there. if that doesn't work, your mic or soundcard is probably messed up
Too cool for a signature.
I had exactly the same problem, I ended up buying a pedal which is just clearer than a mic and has a build in pre-amp.

I then found out my other problem. For some reason my default soundcard audio input wasnt working with the mic properly (too quiet). I was messing with skype when I figured out the problem. I had to switch my mic settings to Windows default (as opposed to my Realtek input).

May be your problem, writing this off top of my head so it's a little vaigue....

Edit: Actually, that might not be your problem. I also have two mic jacks. You might try right-clicking, open volume control, options, properties. Then click the radio buttons in the 'Adjust volume for' panel for 'playback' and 'recording'. Make sure your relevant mic jack is checked in the checkbox list. If it wasn't already then a new panel will now appear in the master volume control. When I checked with mine, I found out the jack I was using was on mute.

Hope that helps
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Last edited by PurpleMonkeyDW at Feb 8, 2007,