I'm in the process of slapping a telecaster bridge pickup into my strat. I got a 500k push pull pot to be able to play the bridge pickup and and neck pickup at the same time while pulled up in bridge or neck position and all 3 pickups when in either inbetween (2 and 4) position.

My first question, does anyone have a schematic of this or done this already?

My next question, If i put a 500k pot as the volume with the two volume pots valued at 250k, will it sound like hell? I heard somewhere that some people use 500k volume pots with two 250k tone pots in strats, that it was a desired sound of some sort.

I'm pretty sure the telecaster bridge pickup i'm getting ready to put into my strat has a higher impedence than the other vintage strat single coils in mid and neck position. Will the bridge pickup completely overpower any of the other pickups when combined?
It wont give up, it wants me dead......God damn this noise inside my head.....
I think Tele pickups are a little differently sized than Strats...But hey, if it fits, go for it.

Quote by bthiemann80
I'm pretty sure the telecaster bridge pickup i'm getting ready to put into my strat has a higher impedence than the other vintage strat single coils in mid and neck position. Will the bridge pickup completely overpower any of the other pickups when combined?

You mean a higher output. Don't worry, this can be compensated for a bit by adjusting the height on your pickups. Make the bridge a little lower, and the other pickups a little higher. Fret the strings at the highest fret you got, and make sure the pole pieces aren't any closer than maybe 2 nickels apart.

Quote by bthiemann80
My next question, If i put a 500k pot as the volume with the two volume pots valued at 250k, will it sound like hell? I heard somewhere that some people use 500k volume pots with two 250k tone pots in strats, that it was a desired sound of some sort.

It'll be fine. Be warned, Strats and Tele stuff are already pretty bright. Using a 500K pot would make them brighter. Try it first, see if you like it. It's an easy thing to fix.

Quote by bthiemann80
I'm in the process of slapping a telecaster bridge pickup into my strat. I got a 500k push pull pot to be able to play the bridge pickup and and neck pickup at the same time while pulled up in bridge or neck position and all 3 pickups when in either inbetween (2 and 4) position.

My first question, does anyone have a schematic of this or done this already?

I've seen something like that. It's definitely doable...One sec.
Oh, check out this, first: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/tele.php
Actually, it's late, and I'm a bit lazy. I think they have a digram kinda like what you're saying...here: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/menu.php
Get back to me, if they don't - I'll help ya out.
Wow thanks forsakenazrael! Actually the pickups dont fit at all, i had to do a fair bit of cutting to get the bridge pickup in there and i'm on the lookout or a strat sized tele neck pickup, know of any?

Upon further contemplation, i'm considering just making the 1 volume and 2 tone pots (all 250k) all volume pots for the pickups. I never ever use the tone controls. This idea's still up in the air, those schematics helped, but does anyone know of schematics involving the push pull DPDT?
Change of plans, I was able to get both the tele bridge and tele neck pickups in place and functionable. Instead of utilizing the push pull pot, i'm going to use the three 250k pots as volume pots for the three pickups, straight up, no tone controls or 5way.

thus far, its a mexican strat w/ tele bridge, tele neck and strat mid pickups w/ volume controls for each. Stripped down, straight up, balls out!
DONE! Its now a Tel'o'caster! (mix between strat'o'caster and 'tel'ecaster. The middle pickup sounded like hell when combined with either of the tele pickups, so i took it out and now its a straight up strat w/ telecaster pickups. 2 volume knobs, 2 pickups, sounds surprisingly good as well, the bridge pickup has good punch and crunch to it and the neck is articulate and bluesy. I'll probably get a nice telecaster someday, but until i can save up for one, this will suffice quite nicely
Quote by forsaknazrael
Haha. You know, you could've just stuck a ferrous metal plate on the bottom of your old Strat pickup to get a souund simliar to a Tele. That's a big factor in their sound.

Or just buy a Strat pickup with a base plate...
Yea but i wanted the tele look as well. The bigger bridge pickup sounds more full, has higher output and more punch than any strat bridge pickups i've tried. It sure as hell wont win any beauty contests but it sounds great.