I'm going to be playing my acoustic at my cousin's wedding reception in a few months, and I was wondering what would be some good appropriate songs to play. I've already thought I might play Collide by Howie Day and All I Want is You by U2. What else would work?
play some Cannibal Corpse songs, that'll show the love lmfao....nah dont do that...and i dont listen to wedding capable stuff...unless u count Vermillion pt.2 as wedding capable :-/
alot of staind's stuff....i guess depends on what the people there like...or even some 50's doo wop
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Tab out "Lullabye" by Billy Joel for me, it would be a good song to play but I don't wanna figure out what chords are played.
That's a good one. I don't listen to anything that I would personally recommend. I know that people play quite a few country songs at weddings, but I am not familiar with any. You may not listen to that either, but if you ask some of ladies you know they might help you out, and you can kind rock 'em out in your own way. Doing that, though, you will more than likely have all the songs you planned to play played by the DJ. I would go for rare or at least uncommon songs. A song that means something to you personally, yet it convey what you might think they feel for each. Sorry, I know this didn't help much, but maybe it will aim you in a direction that you need to go.
Songs leaping to my mind are Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton), maybe play that towards the end of the night. Also, The Flame (Cheap Trick) would be an excellent choice. As well as Every Breath You Take (The Police), and maybe a couple good Bon Jovi songs like Lay Your Hands On Me or I'll Be There For You. Is it just going to be you and an acoustic? No singers or rhythm?
"There's a fine line between child abuse and discipline. Take my dad for example; when I screwed up, my dad would electrocute me. And look at me today: flawless. Electrocution builds character." - Maddox
Tenacious D - F*** her gently
Ibanez RG760 (For Sale)
Yamaha Pacifica (For Sale)
Zoom G2.1U effects pedal (For Sale)
Tanglewood Acoustic
Kustom 16DFX Amp
play that one song by adam sandler that is in the end of the wedding singer... great song

Which one? "I want to grow old with you" or "Somebody kill me please?"?

You could go all cheesy and do unplugged versions of "White Wedding" and "I wanna kiss the bride" , or soppy stuff like Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, Never Tear Us Apart by INXS, More than Words by Extreme
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Go look on youtube for Wonderwall by Oasis acoustic, such a good song to sing and play acoustic.
At my wedding (like two weeks ago) the musician (organist) we hired bailed on us at the last minute, so i borrowed my friend's Taylor and played a few songs (Promenade by Keaton Branch, Broken by Seether, Under the Bridge by RHCP) and ended my little set with Wonderwall, brought a bunch of people to tears. Great song definately. Took me a while to get it almost exactly like how it's on that video on youtube.
HTH
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
"Crush" and "So Right" by DMB, duh.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Try "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" by Tammy Wynette...bound to raise a few laughs or get you bottled off the stage !
Everyday I Love You Less and Less - Kaiser Cheifs.
Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Quote by GiggityTar
More than words - Xtreme

heheh..,that's cool! and also try thank god i found you,so inlove-all for one, i wanna grow old with you,all this time,somebody-
Well, if you are REALLY good, do Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. Here is a tab http://www.classtab.org/wamekln.txt. Do Canon (only canon rock) if you can sweep pick and have every just be like, f this wedding i just want to watch you play the guitar. i'm sure whosever wedding you played it for would be thrilled.
Try this one

I will be here

by

Steven Curtis Chapman. Look on youtube its very relaxing
hi?----
Quote by richardm80
Tenacious D - F*** her gently

Why does someone have to suggest this song in every topic similar to this??? The joke is no longer funny. You just look like a 12 yr old who has recently discovered he has a penis.

Just to be different, I'd say Damien Rice - Cannonball
goodbye forever: by alkaline trio
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
Quote by sniper_wolf90
play some Cannibal Corpse songs, that'll show the love lmfao....nah dont do that...and i dont listen to wedding capable stuff...unless u count Vermillion pt.2 as wedding capable :-/

God I love Slipknot and that song.. but I don't think that is a wedding capable song..
You could just ask what they want played? It being their wedding.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
just formal , I will be doing = heart of Gold , needle and the damage {groom big Young fan} then Let her go by Passenger , Get where I belong by Free Norwegian Wood , Falling Slowly Glen Hansard,,,and more I hope lol. you got to take into consideration what the happy couples music taste is I think and sod everyone else lol
Quote by Tony Done
Given the age of this thread, some like "It's all over now baby blue" or "Last thing on my mind" might be more appropriate.

Tammy Wynette - D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Tammy Wynette - D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
Surely by now, (over 8 years from the 1st post), that would likely be spelled, "D.I.V.O.R.C.E.D.", probably even, "R.E.MA.R.R.I.E.D".

Quote by Tony Done
Given the age of this thread, something like "It's all over now baby blue" or "Last thing on my mind" might be more appropriate.
With this thread having only 33 hits in more than 8 years, methinks the institution of marriage has fallen on hard times.

I think the, "who here can play 'Stairway to heaven'" thread, had a couple more.

With that being said, perhaps the 2 threads could be merged into one giaganto-necrobump" titled, "Stairway to Heaven" is it the right song for a wedding"?
Baby come back./You can blame it all on me.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Baby come back./You can blame it all on me.
These are sort of redundant. It's pretty much understood that the man is going to take all the blame, whether she was banging the pool boy or not.