well one of my guitar teachers has a fender, its not like a really good one, but i like it and since i dont need a new computer anymore (fixed my old one) i'm going to try and get mum and dad to chip in for my birthday... or something lol.

I dont want shit wood. And would rather the best guitar in my pricerange.

I'm in australia and could probably go say to $1500AU, thats about $650US (i think)

I've been looking at the fender australia site, the fender.com site and an online music store thats australian.

I'm a bit pissed off though.

Several guitars seem to vary in wood's from the 3 different sights.

So far my options are :

Highway One™ Stratocaster
Deluxe Players Strat®
Standard Stratocaster®

any of these, particulary the 50's as i prefer the colours.
http://www.fender.com.au/electricguitars/strats/classic/50strat.shtml

So yeah, hopefulyl someone here knows their fenders (even though i'm at the cheaper end) and can give me some good advice, or some specs as they're all different wherever i look...

I'd b right in saying aim for alder or ash over anything else offered on cheaper fenders?

Oh i own an ibanez electric and a jackson DK2M, so i feel with a strat i'd have some good variety, and i'm versatile in what i play, although i'm focusing in shred at the moment and harder stuff. I like playing alot of blues and improvising around with all the stuff i learn (like modes, scales, different chords etc.)

Oh one more thing, i prefer maple fingerboards over rosewood (personal preferance and stuff doesnt seem to grow on my Dk2m unlike my iceman with a rosewood...)
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Last edited by rockstar_jones at Feb 8, 2007,
any help?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
I'd go for the Deluxe, it just seems like the best choice. I've always been partial to the C-shaped neck.
so deluxe players over the highway 1?

Would both of these be better than a standard MIM if i'm not mistaken?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M