Hey, guy's im pretty new to guitar, and can only play a few things.. mostly plucking though, not a lot of strumming stuff. I haven't learned chords yet, so the only format I know how to read is the one that goes like this..

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|--0------3-0----------8\--0----------------0------3-0----------8\---0----------
G|-------------4/6------------------2-------------------4/6-------------------2----
D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|-------------0-------------------0--------------------0--------------------0------
E|--3----------------------3-----------------3----------------------3----------------

The song i'm trying to learn is "Mad World" by Tears for Fears (or gary jules) (sounds pretty much the same though). I have the two main parts covered, but have trouble doing the rest. The tab im using is..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/jeffysmells/madworld.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0aEUMC1pNN8 - how it sounds

If anybody has the time, do you mind converting the chords below, into the simple kind of format i posted above? it'll take less then 5 minutes. It'd mean a lot! (i think the guy in the video does a single pluck, double pluck, single pluck, double pluck pattern... then moves on to the next chord with those same petters....and so on)

verse Chord Progression : Em, G, D, A
Chorus Chord Progression : Em, A, EM, A, Em, A, Em, A
This is in the wrong forum, but here:

Em:

|-0-|
|-0-|
|-0-|
|-2-|
|-2-|
|-0-|

A:

|-0-|
|-2-|
|-2-|
|-2-|
|-0-|
|-x-|

G:

|-3-| 
|-3-|
|-0-|
|-0-|
|-2-|
|-3-|

D:

|-2-|
|-3-|
|-2-|
|-0-|
|-x-|
|-x-|

That is what you wanted, right?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 8, 2007,
kinda, how do i play that lol? i was thinking somewhere along the lines of the full entire bar, like

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|--0------3-0----------8\--0----------------0------3-0----------8\---0----------
G|-------------4/6------------------2-------------------4/6-------------------2----
D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|-------------0-------------------0--------------------0--------------------0------
E|--3----------------------3-----------------3----------------------3----------------

the single and double plucks are very simple n clear to read. but thank you! i appreicate your time