OK so i got a new(older)Fender amp and i was woundering what all the knobs do to effect the tone
Theres: Volume, Gain, Master Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, and Reverb.

And also where should i set the knobs to get a good sound out of it while using distortion
uh... the volume is volume...
gain adds gain of the signal...
master volume is master volume...
treble changes the high frequency response...
Middle is middle frequency...
bass is bass frequency...
and reverb adds reverb. reverb sounds like ur playing live in a really big hall or sumtin
just crank reverb if u don't get it.

and settings, jsut mess with it.
im not telling u my setting cuz i love it so much lol
i like cranking the middle tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

gain adds gain of the signal...
treble changes the high frequency response...
Middle is middle frequency...
bass is bass frequency...
and reverb adds reverb. reverb sounds like ur playing live in a really big hall or sumtin
just crank reverb if u don't get it.

that didnt really help
?? I don't understand how you don't get it. Do you not know what treble, middle and bass frequencies are? Do you not know what Volume and Reverb does? Also get your own tone... meaning fiddle with the knobs until you get a sound you like.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Quote by Stevie B
?Do you not know what treble, middle and bass frequencies are?

no thats why i was asking i know what volume does im not that dumb
treble brakes your ears and bass shakes your bones

BUT WTF IS THAT "MIDDLE" ?!?!
How about this--

Bass is the low sound you hear when you sit in a movie theater and hear the explosions that rock your seat. The whump whump sound you hear when you are in a car and you hear their stereo cranked up really high. You hear the beat three cars over. That's bass.

High is the sound you hear when an opera singer is singing a really high note trying to break a wine glass.

Middle is the sound in between these two--think of a person talking when you watch a movie. Their voice is the middle sound.

So if you are watching a movie when something is blowing up because an opera singer is breaking a wine glass while two people talk all at the same time, then you can drown out each section of the movie by reducing the high, middle or bass by lowering the knobs to zero. Or bringing each to the front by raising the level to 10.