does any one know anything about the dimarzio megadrive (DP107)???im looking at one on ebay and im wondering is it like an earlier version of the D-Sonic?? will it do drop tuning well and give me that atreyu and bullet for my valentine and trivium tone?? any info on this is greatly appreciated...thanks
yeah ebay australia... i was looking at one tonight as well.
I went to the dimarzio site and there is no sound clip available, and i think it might be one of the discontinued models so thats probably why.

I was looking for a cheap way to make my ibanez grx40 a little classier.
BTW i think those bands use EMGs or Duncans but i think you can get the same thing with the same pickups as what the mid-high end RG's use really.
Quote by niguitars.com
its pronounced sega
seegaa!!

yeah, who the **** pronounces it sayga
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
I have a megadrive on my Ibanez and it sounds swweeeet. DiMarzio has discontinued the model some time ago (god knows why) but you can still order them from musicstore.de (that's where I got mine).
I have a megadrive on my Ibanez and it sounds swweeeet. DiMarzio has discontinued the model some time ago (god knows why) but you can still order them from musicstore.de (that's where I got mine).

what music do you play??ie bands?
Last edited by _-Skeletor-_ at Feb 8, 2007,
You could get all of those tones with a Duncan Jb and a Jazz. And if you have a shitty amp dont even bother as the amp is 90% of your tone. Pickups arent gonna help a crappy amp.

But in reality god only knows why you would want to sound like any of those bands but hey i still helped anyway
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
It's nothing like the D-Sonic tonally, it just looks the same.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's basically a slightly darker Steve's Special (another John Petrucci-style pickup.) I've tried one and I prefered it ever so slightly to the SS, it sounded slightly tighter and less hollow to me. It's very clear with OD just like the SS.

Oh and it's miles better than the POS that is the D-sonic.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
those sound clips are worthless. wont tell you a damn thing about the character of the pickup. absolutely silly.
Quote by power freak
It's basically a slightly darker Steve's Special (another John Petrucci-style pickup.) I've tried one and I prefered it ever so slightly to the SS, it sounded slightly tighter and less hollow to me. It's very clear with OD just like the SS.

Oh and it's miles better than the POS that is the D-sonic.

Hey there... Digging up an old thread here. I may well buy one now - Did you have the blade towards the bridge or neck? Most reviews seem to say the bridge, but your review is the most helpful I've yet seem... For my needs, anyway. (Big, big JP fan)
Ibanez RG1570
RMC Wizard Wah
EHX Small Stone
Marshall Guv'nor Reissue
Boss SD-1
Ernie Ball VP-JR Volume Pedal
Boss DD-3 (Version A - MIJ)
Peavey Royal 8