would it be possible to paint my pickguard and make it look nice

blue yellow or red or black would be sweet.

what paints would i need?
Make sure you fine sand it with 400-600 wet and dry first so the paint and undercoat will 'stick'
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by stabitha
would it be possible to paint my pickguard and make it look nice

blue yellow or red or black would be sweet.

what paints would i need?

You should try Rust-O-Leum's...

Check out the pickguard I painted

and the trem back cover

I didn't have to sand the plastic because the paint molecularly bonds to the plastic. Or maybe, the fine pick scratches serves the same purpose as sanding a new, unscratched pickguard, which promotes paint adhesion.

I clearcoated after colorcoating and so far, just like painted plastic garden chairs, almost impossible to scratch or remove with regular use or abuse.
^ooh that looks good

much less effort

ill go to like bunnings warehouse or some sort of super store that sells paints and d.y.i stuff

or a guitar store?

which one?
Quote by the_random_hero
Make sure you fine sand it with 400-600 wet and dry first so the paint and undercoat will 'stick'

Don't rough it up just remove the gloss
i used to take auto body in school so i don't think there is much of a difference between the painting jobs. the best thing to do is sand it down with a fine grit sandpaper like the 400-600 previously mentioned till there isn't any "shine" on it. what i mean by that is when you look at it with a light reflecting off of it you'll see the shine so sand it till there ain't any on it. should take but 5-10 mins. prime it. the scuff it sand it once more, then paint it, the clear coat it to get the shine back.