Hey all,

Basically ever since day one I've wanted a Tele. However, my parents got me a Squier Strat pack to start with and musical taste dictated I got a Les Paul at the time of my second guitar purchase. Unfortunately my tastes have reverted from hard rock and metal to alternative, blues and blues rock.

Both of these guitars are really good, but for my next one I want to get a Tele.

I'm currently using a VJ with a Bad Monkey OD (getting a Big Muff in the future). Which suits my tastes great and sounds excellent.

I'm looking at the sort of £600 price range. The two main Teles in that range are:

MIJ 60s Custom Tele w/Bigsby
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-62-tele-bigsby/67230

MIA Tele
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-telecaster/987

How do these two stack up against each other? IS the extra £30 for the MIJ Tele worth it? Is quality control on MIJs good? Is there any inherent problems that could be present on either?

I'm not asking you to tell me what guitar to buy, but opinions on these two Teles. Thanks in advance.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
MIJ MIJ MIJ!

I tried one of thos and i thought i was goona get an orgasm. THE BEST Tele ive ever played!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Alot of people argue that Japanese fenders are equal, and in some cases better than their MIA conterparts, but at a much less cost....so I am assuming a MIJ against a same priced MIA would be better *nods*

EDIT:

and the Bigsby lookes Teh Sex
I also played one of those Teles.

BEST TELE EVER.

But look for the '62 without the bigsby if you don't really need it. They're a lot cheaper too (£400ish)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Thanks guys, what neck contour does the '62 MIJ have?
Hmm, dunno, but it's damn comfy.
Don't be afraid to care"

Awesome. I'll get round to trying it out in the shops, and if I like it i'll save up and buy one, maybe second hand.
Japanese manufacturers are anal about their quality control, so the chances you'll get a lemon are rare. Back in the seventies, when the U.S. was producing crap in all products for the most part, Japanese electronics were regarded as superior. The gap is not nearly as wide today as it was in the past.

If you are really paricular about what you get, the only way you will be able to tell which is for you is to try each one. It's a matter of personal preference.
It has a C shaped neck. Very comfortable! As me and R_H_C_P said, probably the best Teles ever. When i get a Tele i will get one of those!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Either one of those or a '52 USA RI. In butterscotch, mmmm
Don't be afraid to care"

hey i live in japan so i play a lot of MIJ fenders at stores...

basically MIJ guitars are really well-made, but personally i like the MIA's better. if you dont like sticky, tinted necks(vintage-like), i would go for MIA teles. but its all personal preference...

also if you use a tremolo arm, then i guess the one with a bigsby is better.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Last edited by zoltan256 at Feb 9, 2007,