whenever i sweep down, the G string always seem to vibrate and makes a ringing sound, i have told to palm mute it, except i don't really know how or it just seems harder and i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly or not, is there any other ways to mute out the strings or to sweep cleanly?

help appreciated and dont say all these bs about the g string -_-''
Do you mean as you lift your finger off you get like a pull off to the open string?

I've just started learning to sweep and I think palm muting is not correct, it's to do with left handed technique but I'm not 100%.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by Dr. B
Do you mean as you lift your finger off you get like a pull off to the open string?

I've just started learning to sweep and I think palm muting is not correct, it's to do with left handed technique but I'm not 100%.

yeh something like that, its when i lift my finger off the G string and go on to the B string it usually rings cept yeh not sure...better wait for the pros...
Could be something to do with the bridge (I have trouble with that on my guitar sometimes), or it just could be that you accidently knock a string whilst moving your fingers. Just try it really slow and look at what your doing while your doing it so you can be certain of the problem.
Quote by Blood Glutton
whenever i sweep down, the G string always seem to vibrate and makes a ringing sound, i have told to palm mute it, except i don't really know how or it just seems harder and i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly or not, is there any other ways to mute out the strings or to sweep cleanly?

help appreciated and dont say all these bs about the g string -_-''

have that same problem. This guy on youtube explains a different way to mute with ur thumb or something but I didnt quite get it. Maybe you'll get it. Please explain if you do.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IAOr6SYGAyw
actually...i'm starting to wonder now, do i even have to palm mute at all while sweeping, any pro sweepers out there willing to share some knowledge?