Poll: What do you listen for first?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you listen for first?
Lyrics
3 4%
Each individual instrument
25 32%
the song as a whole
42 53%
I just feel like wasting my vote.
9 11%
Voters: 79.
Well look at the poll. is there any reason for your answer??
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
same as above. each individual instrument because i play guitar.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
One thing that my music teacher told me that has stuck with me ever since was the difference between hearing and listening to music. Hearing; the song as a whole, and listening; identifying and analysing each indivdual instrument and how they work together. From that day since I've always listened to each individual layer of a song when I hear it for the first time.
well at first i listen to the song as a whole then i listen to it again to hear the individual parts. if i like it so far i get onto the lyrics.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
When i first hear a song i listen to the song as a whole. i look for melody, beat, rythem or solo's which is different or stand out but i am essentially hearing the whole song. After listening to a song a few times i start to break it down and work out how the musicians are playing that riff or the notes to that solo.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
I listen for the lyrics, guitar and drums.
Am I weird for not being able to hear
the bass?
-| YOUR AD HERE, PM ME OR CALL +354 540-2700 |-

---
Zuka's my hero
---
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Goro taught me a valuable lesson in the first movie:

When you are near the edge of a cliff, do not break Johnny Cage's expensive sunglasses.
I listen to each individual part, and then, the next time I hear it, I'll listen to the lyrics, and then the next time I hear it, it's the song as a whole.... That's if I manage to listen it to it that many times, haha.
i listen to it as a whole, then i pick it apart in my head so i can envisage what each member of the band is doing
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
For the first few times I'll listen to the whole song then after 10 times of listening I'm gonna listen more to guitar, etc.

...or even lyrics, who knows??
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
i listen to the guitar first....cause thats what i play, then i listen to how the lyrics, well really the voice and how it fits the music, drums and bass come next.....once i learn how to play a song on guitar, it sounds different to me, like i lose a little respect for it, buts its just cause i hear it differently cause i can play it and i know how its played.