What amp do you have and what type of music do you want to play?

That's a pretty decent guitar, but I just want to give you more options .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The trem's not too amazing the same way as a strat trem is not too amazing. If you set it to non-floating, it's a perfectly good machine for light use. SA series are very nice for the price.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
It depends on how well you play, its not a bad guitar for its price, but i would recomend you save up a bit more for something bettween 300-700 dollars, so you know you have a guitar you will be playing for a long time, one that you can depend on.
I like the GR better. I have an 2000 Ibanez S520WNF with the Wizard I neck. I love that guiitar, but all the S models i have played since have been kinda disappointing since they done away with the Wizard I in 2003 and then moved the whole production to Korea.
Like it was stated earlier, i would save a bit more and get a better model. You get a much better guitar that will last you a lot longer in all ways.
Last edited by jaysun at Mar 6, 2007,
Aye, but I need a new guitar sharpish, plus I'm only 15, so I don't have a regular income, but then again, the parents may come in handy
get an S470.. im not sure which ones are in stock at the moment with Ibanez's new lineup this year.. i think the S470DQXM should be the one..

Trem works like a dream, Wizard necks rock, The overall tone is beautiful with all that good wood in it, Maple Neck, Rosewood fingerboard, Mahogany body.. you cant go wrong..

but how about go try one eh?
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron
get an S470..

I wouldn't do that on a budget. SA neck is very similar to the S neck. It's half a millimeter thicker and has the same radius (so it's just as flat). Same body shape, just a flat back, and SAT Pro is a good machine, it's well-built and feels better than most vintage trems I've tried. Plus, S470 would run him over four hundred quid, as far as I remember, and the only real benefit it offers is a locking tremolo...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The thing I prefer about the Ibanez GRG270B is the body, and the trem locking, but would that make it a bitch to tune.

Btw, I would like to thank you all for your great input !

-Oli
Garbage...save up more money

--->>>gear snob<<<---
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
Quote by Shimynor
Aye, but I need a new guitar sharpish, plus I'm only 15, so I don't have a regular income, but then again, the parents may come in handy

Just need a guitar in the 200 quid price range mate.
Quote by Shimynor
The thing I prefer about the Ibanez GRG270B is the body, and the trem locking, but would that make it a bitch to tune.

Btw, I would like to thank you all for your great input !

-Oli

The bridge on the 270 is a cheap machine that's not really known for quality. If you're not familiar with double locking bridge operation, then it'll be hard to tune and harder to keep in tune.

If you really like the RG body, look into RG321MH - it has a fixed bridge, overally better quality than the GRG, and it's well under 200 pounds.
"

The Epiphone 58 Korina Explorer electric guitar is based on the '58 Gibson design that ushered in the space age! The Epiphone Korina Explorer features a 24-3/4" scale maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. 2 Epiphone humbuckers give it its rock 'n roll voice with 2 volumes, one tone knob, and 3-way switch for shifting from rhythm to high-altitude leads. Swept-back body is made of korina wood, which is lighter and brighter than mahogany and promotes sustain."
Wtf? It's on the Ibanez link..
Silly website.
JoNo
xXx