Hey guys,

So I started playing again about two weeks ago, but am now kind of not sure what I need to practice in order to improve myself further. I know there are a lot of posts like this, I was just hoping one of you could help please

So, I now know all my open guitar chords, I can play "Canon Rock" almost entirely (not the sweep picking, although I can do the sweep picking...just very slowly), a small bit of stairway to heaven and numerous crappy Green Day songs, some Niravana songs...beginner stuff really. My gear is a crappy training amp and an Epiphone SG, although I've ordered a a Roland Cube 30 and it should be here soon. I also plan on getting a Mexican Strat if all goes well.

But where do I go from here ?

I'll end this post now, to keep it as short as possible, if you want any more info please ask

Thanks a lot for helping guys, and sorry for the stupid post, I'm just a bit lost.
just keep playing. duh. learn more harder songs and quit crying. join a death metal band and play drop A
Quote by vengence6661
just keep playing. duh. learn more harder songs and quit crying. join a death metal band and play drop A

How exactly am I crying ? And I don't like death metal.

Thanks for the advice Indrek, I am already trying too.
Dont be so hard on yourself. Every guitarist every where is better than someone and worse than someone. The same goes for their gear. Any way... If you want a great sounding and hard to screw up song try For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica. I have been getting loads of fun recently from 'Pretty Fly for a White Guy' by the Offspring . 100% recommended. Seriously.