Ok, lately I've become more aquainted with the idea of building my own guitar. I have absolutely no history in building stuff like this, and I have no idea what to do, so I'm a complete beginner. If you could reccomend any books or websites, or give me some tips that would be great. I have yet to decide whether I am going to go ahead with the project, but finding out what the projec would entail will influence my decision. Thnks in advance.
its a rewarding idea but it also takes a hell of a lot of patience... one.... buy your neck ff of ebay.... or a store... i got my guitar neck for roughly 60 bucks instead of 150 BUT beware... some necks may be twisted.... your gonna need some tools too: router, band saw, belt sander, paint etc, drills, saudering gun, screw drivers etc, measureing tools....also if your working with hardwoods... which i did you should get your hands on a bigger saw so you can cut a lot fo the excess wood away before going at it with a band saw or in my case... an assload of belt sanding and wood filing.... bondo is a way to fill in mess ups and can be painted over but who likes a bondoed guitar... apparently i do cause mine has it and i even stained it and it looks ghetto but beautiful in a new orleans tele kind of way... also try and get your hands on REALLY long dill bits.... they help when you have to drill the holes for the pickup wires etc....
"Prepare to eat crap of the highest calibur!" Brilliant words of a brilliant man.

"when TransAms ruled the highways and mustaches carried magic. "
Last edited by Philler101 at Feb 8, 2007,
also you will need to know a few things... such as the length from the nut on the neck to the 12th fret is exactly the same as the 12th fret to the saddles on the bridge.... measure stuff a million times or even a slight flaw will land your strings to one side or the other of your guitar neck... mine did that slightly but its playable and i love it....
"Prepare to eat crap of the highest calibur!" Brilliant words of a brilliant man.

"when TransAms ruled the highways and mustaches carried magic. "