ok dudes, heres what i was thinking for my RIG> im gonna go with a "behringer" cab(400whts, stero), "Line 6 head spider II"(only 150), and its b/w the M.T power wah or the Bad horsie 2, and im going to wait on the (Metal Muff)dist, (BOSS)delay, pedals untill I see how the "line 6" does. I have a SG Eiphone. Dean. for my guitars.

Pricing is not so bad 250$ for cab, 200$ for head, wah around 120$, and shipping FREE over 100$ RIG=570/590 (20$ shipping for cab)
is there anything bad about these products im getting ready to buy???
"Blade, ready to die?" "I was born ready mother F*****"
Quote by False_God
How big are the gigs you play?

Moderate, parties nothin BIG
Then do NOT get that stack please.

You could afford a nice tube amp (40 watts) and run a OD thru it for heavy stuff. I would recomend you look into the Ashdown Fallen Angel. and yes 40 watts is loud and better than the line 6, way better!
Just get a really nice tube combo, 30 to 40 watts. No point in getting a 150 watt stack.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by False_God
Then do NOT get that stack please.

You could afford a nice tube amp (40 watts) and run a OD thru it for heavy stuff. I would recomend you look into the Ashdown Fallen Angel. and yes 40 watts is loud and better than the line 6, way better!

All right man, im still in the process of research, and im not going to jump into spending 5 hundred$, and then regret the things i get. So i'll look into it, thank you for the advice dude
so the line 6 is crap????
All has been said up there ^

Though, what kind of music are you playing?
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by Kryptonite_0194
All has been said up there ^

Though, what kind of music are you playing?

KsE, trivium, Metallica, my own stuff with of course i have influence from all those bands as well, in other words heavy crunchy sounds
and you're looking at about 500 $? American?
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-40-DSP-Guitar-Combo?sku=485043

That'll do you - dark, modern voicing and bass response from hell itself. Ashdown are relaunching their guitar amps under the Hayden brand, so they want to clear all the Ashdown-branded stock, hence the low prices.

the Line 6 is horrible, loud crap is, if anything, even worse than quiet crap! Also, I have the 60 watt Fallen Angel combo and I can't really run it much past 1 on the volume at home without stuff falling off the walls...the 40 watt isn't far behind, more than enough for parties and plenty for gigging even. You may find you need an OD pedal for a bit of extra gain, but you won't need much gain from the pedal, just use it as a slightly dirty booster with the level whacked up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Rofl, if that was an MG cab you would have pretty much completed the rig of UGs worst nightmare.
But seriously, go with the ashdown.
What is with everyone and ashodowns??

Look I am going to say this for the 30th time. For that price range get a B-52. right now many of them are like 50% off on musicians friend.

Here are a couple heads...but a combo will be ok for you as long as you arent planning on going to bigger shows any time soon. Just go on musicians friend and search by your price range. But whatever you do try something first with YOUR guitar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST100A-100W-AllTube-Amplifier-Head?sku=481302

Look around more. There are plenty of good deals that will destroy Line 6 and Ashdown. So here we go one more time.... Built in effects are a way to jack up prices on crap products.
Also....Line 6 is easy to find for a reason. Young inexperienced players dont know any different so plenty of shops carry them to sell them to dumb people who say "oh look, if I use 300 effects it will cover up my crappy playing."

However as said before up top someplace 40 watts is loud enough for that size gig as long as its tube. Remember 40 or 50 watts of tube destroys 40 or 50 watts or digital or solid state.
Well, I've got one so I know what they're like, and they're very cheap at the moment for the reason I've mentioned. Also, as far as the UK goes we're more limited in terms of what's available - £260 for a 40 watt tube combo is a steal, it's a good £100 cheaper than the Marshall DSL401. Sure there's built in effects in the Fallen Angel, but they don't seem to affect the price and the amp would be easily worth the money without them - you certainly can't put it in the same bracket as the Spiders.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

what are the effects actually like?

Nothing fantastic, they sound okay but they're obviously a bit limited - the delay and flanger aren't bad, chorus settings are a bit extreme for me. They're handy to have if you want to muck around and can't be bothered tapdancing on a daisychain!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Just wondering why he has to get a valve combo amp. There are many good SS amps out there that go for not an awful lot, and supply great tone at low volume.
Quote by steven seagull
Nothing fantastic, they sound okay but they're obviously a bit limited - the delay and flanger aren't bad, chorus settings are a bit extreme for me. They're handy to have if you want to muck around and can't be bothered tapdancing on a daisychain!

Heres my take....do you really wanna spend your money on something that is "not fantastic" and "ok"? Especially if you keep in mind that people who have "ok" gear usually just end up selling it anyway for something better. Just skip that unpleasent step and save up a bit.

And sure there might be a couple alright SS amps. I personally dont really agree but some people like them. However for what you wanna play, you gotta go tube man... seriously. Dont go the cheap route.
Quote by pity tha' foo'
Just wondering why he has to get a valve combo amp. There are many good SS amps out there that go for not an awful lot, and supply great tone at low volume.

he doesn't have to.. but in my experience there are great ss amps, but the ones that are, most likely cost more than a valve amp would, and therefor its better to get a valve amp instead.
Heres my take....do you really wanna spend your money on something that is "not fantastic" and "ok"? Especially if you keep in mind that people who have "ok" gear usually just end up selling it anyway for something better. Just skip that unpleasent step and save up a bit.

I didn't buy the amp for the effects, i bought it for the amp - the effects just happened to be there. As far as I'm concerned the amp would have been worth what I payed for it without the effects so they're immaterial. They're an average feature but they don't affect the way the amp performs, the features I'm concerned with...namely tone, is great. As it is they're currently a good 30% cheaper than when I bought them so they're an even better option. If you can find a better tube combo for £260 - effects or no then fair enough, but i don't think you will.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

for $500, you could find a 5150 combo and that's the amp that alot of the bands of the genre you mentioned play(ed). super heavy, tight, crunchy...

just don't get it if you're going to need a decent clean tone. if you do, look into getting a Peavey Ultra Plus combo (or even an Ultra Plus head and an Avatar cab). much the same tone as the 5150/6505 on higher-gain settings, but with 3 channels for more versatility. and it's definitely under $500.
Quote by steven seagull
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-40-DSP-Guitar-Combo?sku=485043

That'll do you - dark, modern voicing and bass response from hell itself. Ashdown are relaunching their guitar amps under the Hayden brand, so they want to clear all the Ashdown-branded stock, hence the low prices.

the Line 6 is horrible, loud crap is, if anything, even worse than quiet crap! Also, I have the 60 watt Fallen Angel combo and I can't really run it much past 1 on the volume at home without stuff falling off the walls...the 40 watt isn't far behind, more than enough for parties and plenty for gigging even. You may find you need an OD pedal for a bit of extra gain, but you won't need much gain from the pedal, just use it as a slightly dirty booster with the level whacked up.

Hhhmmm, i was thinking about "tubes," and thery are really expensive and they wear out and i cant afford the head much less to replace 4 tubes, so my buddy was telling me about a "Peavy triple X," head, and started thinking about just a 2 tweleve combo or something..............
Tubes need replacing every couple of years with heavy use, it's not a massive expense....cheaper than having to buy a new amp because you've outgrown the old one at any rate.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc