So my cube 30x is on the way and I would like to get a footswitch for it but prefer not to buy excessively for the Boss branded ones. Will pretty much any footswitch, regardless of brand/model work? It seems like it would be really easy to build/modify one, but I know next to nothing about this. Any suggestions on building or acquiring a cheap footswitch for this would be appreciated.

BTW, does a footswitch simply break or connect a circuit to tell the amp what to do? is it that simple?

Thanks in advance
Quote by LankyNewb
So my cube 30x is on the way and I would like to get a footswitch for it but prefer not to buy excessively for the Boss branded ones. Will pretty much any footswitch, regardless of brand/model work? It seems like it would be really easy to build/modify one, but I know next to nothing about this. Any suggestions on building or acquiring a cheap footswitch for this would be appreciated.

BTW, does a footswitch simply break or connect a circuit to tell the amp what to do? is it that simple?

Thanks in advance

Marshall 1 button... I use it it works... But for some reason I have to press it twice...
just about and footswitch should work.

but i think ull want an unlatching FS for the cube if u want to press once.

you need to check with one they recommend. make sure its unlatching FU boss switch, then look for a cheaper hosa model or similar, if u want a cheaper alternative.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sweet, thanks guys. They recomend the FS-1 or S6 (something like that) that are unlatching so I'll look for a cheap one that fits the bill.