i have a fender MIM standard strat. I just got a good deal on a HH pickguard with electronics and two humbuckers. it's not cut for two humbuckers, so i want to cut out the dividers in the rout so that it will fit. if i cut out the rout for the pickups to make one big hole, would it affect anything?
Tone slightly, but other than that no.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Well, conventional guitarist's logic says the more mass, the better. I'd advise against routing out a swimming-pool for that reason.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
well, thanks...i think i'm gonna do it...anyone know anything about kent armstrong pickups? that's what came on the pickguard...
It all depends. There are Kent Armstrong pickups, and there are KENT ARMSTRONG PICKUPS, if you get what I mean. What models are they?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, definitely a quality difference. I wanna get their Burns Tri-Sonics replicas...

I'm thinking of getting a Strat and fitting it out with them
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Theres nothing wrong with swimming pool routes. SRV had a guitar with the same thing. Your not taking out enough wood to make a difference anyway. The only thing that it will do is take out the wood in between the pickups which will give it a little different effect on the magnetic pull of the pickups. Even then its nothing major. Since the pickguard you have is HH the pickups will be spaced enough for little interference from the pickups magnetic fields. Since you already got the piguard, go ahead and do it. But my only suggestion is try and do a really good routing job. Even though it will be covered up by the pickguard, it will get to you knowing whats underneath if it doesnt look good.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ya, that's my plan...*high five*

It's a pity I can't get them in Australia (from my ten minutes of research anyway).
I'm seriously considering going to the States, loading up on guitar gear and flying home straight away.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, that is a shame. So what's the deal with the taxes and nothing being able to be shipped over there and all that jazz?
And...WD Music doesn't ahip to you Aussies?

I haven't really looked into it a lot, but I'm assuming that you would get charged a decent amount in import duty taxes and such. I'm sure that shipping in stuff from overseas is possible, but I'm not too comfortable with ordering from non-Australian sites yet. Oh, not having a credit card doesn't help either
okay...it's done...and i cut a place in the middle for my hot rail that was in the bridge...i'm stringing it up right now...and i hope it sounds good...i'll let you know in a few minutes...