I bought a Fender. It looks like a Fender, it feels like a Fender and it sound like a Fender. It's brand new, made in mexico, a Stratocaster, sunburt effect maple neck, and I asm wondering, how much should it cost. I paid 250 or 350 for it can't remember, it was marked up at 100 pounds more than I paid for it. I am just wondering, have I got a great deal, or is there something I am missing, cos Fenders on google seem to be 500+ for a basic one. Thanks
Mexican Fenders cost around £289 cheapest (web price), otherwise around £350 (both above and below that depending on store)
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
doesn't sound like you got ripped off, i'm pretty sure that's the standard price range for a mexican strat.
You cant remember how much you paid for it, do you have short term memory loss or what?
no lol, I just am too busy playing it. And what's up with mexican strats?
Quote by Ferinos
no lol, I just am too busy playing it. And what's up with mexican strats?

They only speak Mexican, so you can really talk to them, unless you teach them English.
Yeha once they learn English thats when they become US Strats and increase in price
MIA Strats are going to cost more than MIM Strats. You bought a MIM Strat. So, when you find MIA Strats on Google, they'll cost more... Also, Mexican Strats are made in Mexico. That's what's up with them.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
MIA? MIM? Missing in Action strats???
And what's wrong with Mexico/Mexicans lol.
So basically, cos it's made by Mexicans, who don't speak English, it costs less. There is no sound/quality difference?
Made In America and Made in Mexico, stupid.

There is some sound difference, considered by most to be minimal, and the QC's apparently not as good (that's Quality Control, to you), so you need to check you're not getting a lemon when you buy a Mexi. The price difference is largely/partly due to Mexicans in Mexico getting paid less than Mexicans in the States.

General opinion is that a Mexi with a few decent mods is better than a stock US, and probably still cheaper overall...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Okay, thanks, and I am used to talking English, not trying to decipher code.
An acronym is hardly a code... But sorry for calling you stupid, it looks much harsher when you write it than how it sounds when you say it! Sorry.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.