Page 1 of 2
These guys rock... nice mixture of blues/soul with an indie rock sound... Album is awesome from start to finish...
I'm about to download a song, anybody have any recommendations?
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
i was just listening to them on the way home...

they remind me of someone though...

maybe maroon 5's vocals? not that it's a bad thing. i like maroon 5.

less, idk though.
I like that songs of their's, We Used to Vacation. Haven't heard anything else yet though...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^Same. I bought their album about a month ago and haven't gotten into it past the first song.
try tell me in the morning, and of course hospital beds and hang me up to dry
Just listened to the LP last night and its pretty good, not the best album I have ever heard, but nowhere near the worst...I believe that they confirmed that they are playing Bonnaroo, so as long as nobody that I would rather die than miss is playing against them I will be checking them out.
I just recently downloaded Hang Me Up to Dry from that Itunes free single of the week thing. It's pretty good.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Quote by unplugtheradio
i was just listening to them on the way home...

they remind me of someone though...

maybe maroon 5's vocals? not that it's a bad thing. i like maroon 5.

less, idk though.

ahhh... don't say that... JK. His voice is dynamic and seems to change a bit from song to song, but yeah I can kinda hear that... Even sounds a bit like Karen O in "tell me in the morning"... It's the contrast of the voice and the sound of the band that makes it a unique sound... The solo in "we used to vacation" is a thing of chaotic beauty...
YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

So glad someone that ISN'T me made a thread about these guys. Was going to make one myself but this is even better.

I love them, and reccomend them to all my friends. In fact, we were at the local rock night and I requested 'Hng Me Up to Dry' and got it played. Think my friends kinda liked it too.

As far as curent bands go, they are easily my favourites along with TV on the Radio.

wow, how disappointing... i've been hearing so much of these guys lately, and i just checked them out, and i didn't really dig it at all. they're kind of boring, to be honest. i mean, maybe i was just expecting too much. same thing happened to me with the arcade fire. gah.
I bought the album on vinyl a few days ago, but I've only listened to the first side. I like what I've heard, though. They sound like Spoon would if Jack White joined.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
They sound like Spoon would if Jack White joined.

Hah... yes.

My gf has got me listening to cold war kids and spoon recently... so I get exactly where you're coming from.
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
Great band if your in the mood for them. They are a kind of sad and depressing band, but still great music.
Update on my liking of them: Heard their more recent single on the radio... Meh. Shame really, 'coz I thought We Used to Vacation was really different and cool. Ah well, maybe I'll like a bit of other stuff by them.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Hey guys,
been listening to these guys abit myself lately, really like the entire album, but can listen to it from start to finish, but iv been annoying me friends with this question, im sure the tune from hang me up to dry is taken from an older song, im thinking 80's, kick myself when i find out what it is no doubt!

Actually don't care for the random little bits of piano they have in some of their songs, anyone else noticed this?
What I've heard of them is pretty good, but the singer's voice gets on my nerves. It's kind of like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - great band, annoying vocals.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Hang Me Up To Dry is pretty good, but very soon it's probably gonna be everywhere and I'm gonna hate its guts.

They have promise, but nothing special.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Sounds a bit second half of the beatles with more of a riot feel.

Really into this band haven't got round to getting the LP yet though.
i bought the CD (i had nothing else to buy!) it's ok, i have to say Hang Me Up To Dry is still and excellent song though

^ I got it today as well and my thoughts were practically the same as yours. The first couple of tracks on it are excellent, and I think it was 'God, make up your mind' or 'red wine, success!' that I really enjoyed as well. Overall though it was a bit average, bit of a let down. They have picked the best tracks for the singles so far in my opinion.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i like this band a lot of my friends are friends with the guys in this band. They used to practice down the street from me and the singer used to go to my church. i just got the album recently though and i think it is pretty decent some awsome songs on there. i like hospital bed.
Cold War Kids are amazing. I love their new cd, theres not a song I don't like on it. Favorite Song - God Make Up Your Mind/We Used To Vacation/Hospital Beds....Ahh its to hard to choose. Oh and St. John comes in pretty close too.
On the way to god don't know
my brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
Cold War Kids' Album was produced by Jason Martin Of SF/59, just a quick bit of cool info!
get their other ep it has their best song
Passing the Hat
thats the best song kiddies.
EHX Users Guild Member

B52 AT100 & AT412 Cab
Fender MIM Satin Strat
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Memory Man w/ Hazarai
EHX Holy Grail
Dan Electro EQ
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
the tone that the guitarist gets in hang me up to dry.....its so good, anyone have any tips on how to get close? really warm, i tried playing right up on the fretboard but its not quite there. any tips?
Quote by rastaman_Marley
the tone that the guitarist gets in hang me up to dry.....its so good, anyone have any tips on how to get close? really warm, i tried playing right up on the fretboard but its not quite there. any tips?

He uses a Twin Reverb and a Gibson ES-175 which is a hollowbody guitar, maybe where some of the warm tone you mention comes from.
Seen them on thursday night, what a show! They danced like lunatics all the way through the set, played the full album and some old songs, amazing gig. Their support act was a poet as well lol.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
I watched MTV for the first time in a while and was surprised to see the Hang me up video playing. I like them but can't see them catching on.
I've got the album and it's brilliant. Their best songs on it are probably 'Saint John', 'Red Wine, Success!' and 'Hair Down.'

I used to love the first two tracks but sadly I out-listened them.
My friend (who loves their studio work) saw them live with Andrew Bird and he told me they were downright terrible. Aparrently they played for about 2 hours and Andrew bird didnt get on until 1:00.

I have the song "Hospital Beds" and I love it!
Page 1 of 2