...that's not "shit"?!

I mean, as soon as I start to like a band, I go on the Net to read something about them and find like a hundred people saying everywhere that the band is shit. Any band. It's so ****ing annoying!

What isn't shit?! I mean, I only start to like a band and - bam! - everyone says it's shit... So it's kind of disappointing...

Maybe some infamous death metal band? They have 5 fans, but at least no one calls them shit... Only even then someone might.

So how do you really know if they are shit? Is it because they are popular?
for rent
Sometimes it's because they are popular, sometimes it's becasue they are shit. Everyone has a different taste so what seems good to you is shit to others.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Well,I havent seen anyone flaming The Time Machine.

Techniqly,as long as their are bands,their are always immature people that will hate them.
So how do you really know if they are shit? Is it because they are popular?

People generally deride bands as "shit due to:

1) Fans
2) Simplicity
3) Lack of variety
4) Greenday
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Bad what about people calling bands shit only because they belong to a particular genre?! I mean, it will be pretty weird to find lenghty metal solos and Drop C killer riffs in indie music, so there's no point in accusing indie bands of being simplistic, is there?!
for rent
There is no band in the world that is not hated by twice as many people as love it. This is largely because so many music fans hate anything that gets too popular. Sadly, they don't realize that automatically disliking a band beacuse it is popular is no more indepent-minded that automatically liking a band because it is popular; either way, you're making your decision based on someone else's opinion.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Gu1T@r_H3r0
**** what other people think!
It's down to you whether or not you like a band, not everyone else. Just because tons of people love Take That, doesn't necessarily make them good does it? Think for yourself dude.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they're bad
people on the internet are going to diss a band no matter what. its so fucking stupid.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Name one song by them,and i'll give you my guitar.

Angel Luzife?

Now give me that guitar! Bitch!
Quote by Ferdinandstrat

"Ne stoit progibatsa pod izmenchiviy mir..."

"Noviy povorot"

etc.

Send the guitar to...
for rent
Quote by Ferdinandstrat

Russian:
Это было так давно

Trans:
Eto bylo tak davno

English:
That was so long ago
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
time machine stoe'o rock clock what guitar do you have ferdinandstrat? (probably a strat i'd guess)
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
i am gonna have to say.........who care what other people think.....like i like Dragonforce wayyyyyy before Inhuman Rampage came out, right after Sonic Firestorm came out i discovered them and now they suck, not cause they are popular out the ass but because the music has suffered a bit. So there is another side to what your saying, i say they cause cause their new stuff does, but if you were to like them just cause of their new stuff, ohh well no skin off my back.

and i know this topic has nothing to do with dragonforce, i was just making a point.
The russian band? How was I suposed to know that?
You tricked me.
When should I expect my guitar, eh?

Great band, though I obviously don't like them, being like waaaaaay younger. Though I have to say they deserve a ****ing monument for bringing rock music to Russia, and I was surprised to find that Makarevich is a pretty decent guitar player (played a Tele on the show I've seen).
for rent
Quote by Quantonyne
i am gonna have to say.........who care what other people think.....like i like Dragonforce wayyyyyy before Inhuman Rampage came out, right after Sonic Firestorm came out i discovered them and now they suck, not cause they are popular out the ass but because the music has suffered a bit. So there is another side to what your saying, i say they cause cause their new stuff does, but if you were to like them just cause of their new stuff, ohh well no skin off my back.

and i know this topic has nothing to do with dragonforce, i was just making a point.

What the hell are you saying?

You liked a band...and then didn't like them because they put out an album you don't like?

I don't follow...
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Russian:
Это было так давно

Trans:
Eto bylo tak davno

English:
That was so long ago

Why are you praising Taco Bell so much. You're from New Jersey. You should have ecoli...
Quote by jase_connor
what a knob [1983 Merman]...its so moronic I thought it was deliberate

Quote by guitar?
Merman I will speak the truth
We all think you're a flaming douche
Plus we all think you are gay
And we all hope you get aids
Quote by Quantonyne

A very vague point.
Yeah I really don't give a flying **** if people don't like Green Day or Blink 182. I still like them.
Quote by RMC06
Yeah I really don't give a flying **** if people don't like Green Day or Blink 182. I still like them.

More power to you!

...they suck