You've been on UG since October of 06, so you must know that the "search" function exists. I implore you to use it. I promise it won't hurt you.
Quote by Bumper
I promise it won't hurt you.

but we might if he doesnt use it in future
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by ncrocker81
it is not quite the same but it works untill u get a bass amp

At which point your guitar amp will spontaneously combust.

But no, it won't work, you will break your guitar amp. Use the search button for an explanation.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
It's fine at low volumes but the tone really sucks. But yes, use the big button at the top that says "search" on it!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
There's a good reason why they make BASS amps and GUITAR amps
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Now that was mean guys. He came here for help and you guys tore him up. Now I suggest the thread starter pin a piece of paper to a pole and suspend it in front of him and in big bold letters write SEARCH on it. After awhile it'll sink in. Seriously check the second page, there's probally 10 or so of these threads right there!
See, if they were compatible, there'd be no reason to call them GUITAR amps or BASS amps. They'd just be called AMPS.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^They are compatible. The amplifier works just as well for a guitar as for a bass. The only problem is the speaker.
^ no. the only problem is the cabinet. the speakers themselves are fine, its that the thing that holds the speaker on guitar is open-back, which on bass would allow to the speakers to shatter the cab because nothing is holding it in its place and downplaying the extremely low soundwaves. On bass, it is closed back.

This is why you can use guitar stacks (they're close-backed) for bass but not combos.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
The EQ's tend to be a bit different too. Chances are if you're asking a question like this, you're in the combo market, where you don't have the luxury of switching cabs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..