I've just found out that at Christmas I bought a S370 rather than an S470 on eBay with a hardcase even though it was advertised as S470. It's my fault I guess for not following my suspicion seeing as I'd never seen an S470 in this red colour. I got it for £210 which is about $400.
Can someone tell me about the 370 compared to the 470 and did I get ripped off?
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
before you realised were you happy with it?

seems a good price to me but im not an expert on ibanez
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
i doubt theres a big difference, probably just the colour or maybe fret inlays, something cosmetic. I have a ibanez s1220 prestige i can tell you the S series by ibanez is probably the best guitars they make so you can have piece of mind that you have a good guitar in your hands.
^It's discontinued.

I think it comes with one of the lesser trems, like TRS?
Is anyone actually sure between the difference then??
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
The S370 has an Original Floyd Rose Arm , but the S470 has Ibanez's own version
EDIT: they have different pickups too
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Feb 16, 2007,
Original Floyd Rose? Looks like I got the better guitar by mistake.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
No they have a lo-trs i think which is a pretty bad tremolo.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
They 370s didn't even have Lo-TRS, if my memory serves. They had this unit called ILT which looked like a Lo-TRS, but was even cheaper.

In that generation, the 470 would be the one with the Lo-TRS (which coincidentally rhymes with pain in the ass).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The ILT1s are pretty much the same as the LoTRSII. Arm is wobbly and clunky, needs great setup to really lift it up a notch.

Getting a substitute for this trem can be a pain since the S body is thin. You have to have the proper trem block with correct measurement OR grind down the new trem block.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The arm I have is pretty good I have no complaints...
So apart from the tremelo arm, pickups and cosmetic differences, is this really any different to the S470?
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
Its not the tremolo arm its the bridge itself...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ibanezn00b
pics. pls.

Agreed, some photos would be the only sure fire way of us helping out.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/