Conceptual
17 16%
Sky
10 10%
Sunsets/Sunrises
11 10%
Voters: 105.
Page 1 of 2
Alright, everybody it's time for the third photography contest here on UG! In this thread we'll be voting for the theme for the third contest, when that theme is settled we'll start taking pictures and submit them to this thread. Poll will be up for 3 days, then everyone have 1 week to take pictures. So the voting begins 10 days from when this thread is created. Then we'll vote for the entries for 48 hours

Here are the descriptions for the themes in the poll (if description is neccessary):

- Black & White (was used for latest contest)
- Candid (defined as photography of subjects acting naturally or spontaneously without being posed.)
- Food
- Nature
- Night (check if your camera can take nightshots before voting for this one)
- Portraits
- Gloomy (meaning dark and dim, basically)
- Conceptual (strongest/most powerful concept being conveyed by the photo wins)
- Sky
- Sunsets/Sunrises

Following text is copied from 4_symbol's last contest thread and slightly modified by me:

Photography Contest #3

Due to sucess of the first and second photography contest on Ultimate-Guitar, It is my pleasure to open up our third contest.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the last contests...your support made it a sucess!

Please read the following completely to avoid being disqualified:

So here's how its going to work: For one week UGers will be able to submit their entries to this thread after the poll closes. Only one submission is allowed per user. Anyone who submits more than 1 submission will be disqualified. If you wish you can change your submission--but only keep the new one. Post your submissions in this thread. When it has been exactly one week I will formally announce the closing of the contest. Any submissions after that post will not be valid.

However, at this time voting will be open. Anyone on UG can vote for one UG user who submitted an entry. If you participate in this contest, you cannot vote for yourself. Your vote will be thrown out if this happens. Voting will be closed after 48 hours, and the winner will be tallied and featured in this first post.

Please also note that plagiarism is not acceptable!

Please note that you must take a new picture for this contest. You cannot submit some picture you took months ago. This is to level the playing field for everyone.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there will be no real prizes, just the privilege to put "winner of UG's photography contest #3" in your sig and a beer if I ever see you
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Feb 8, 2007,
cool me too

edit: when can we start posting pics?
Last edited by wiggyisgreat at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by wiggyisgreat
cool me too

edit: when can we start posting pics?

When the poll closes, which is in 3 days.

I'm gonna wait with my voting till this weekend where I'll be taking some pics
Wonder What will win.. Food isnt that exciting is?? I like eating it but i dont see the appeal of pictures of it. Just gonna make me hungry!
If at first you dont succeed,
dragon slaying is not for you.

This should be cool. I really enjoy looking through the photography thread. Some UG'ers have great artistic talent. I voted for conceptual.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Quote by RaV3nous
Wonder What will win.. Food isnt that exciting is?? I like eating it but i dont see the appeal of pictures of it. Just gonna make me hungry!

Haha, forgot to mention that winnings, it's now edited into the first post. Thx for reminding me

and yeah food was suggested as a theme for some reason. Not my favourite photography subject excactly

Oh and glad to see people voting and entering. Judging from the votes it'll be a tie between atleast 5 subjects
woot. im in. not a great camera now that i lost my old one. but hey, ill try.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by chillininfl
woot. im in. not a great camera now that i lost my old one. but hey, ill try.

Neato man

You can always postprocess the picture in gimp or photoshop for the winning touches
I'm in...but what will be the subject?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
I'm in...but what will be the subject?

well.........you're supposed to vote on it, ya see?

btw i'm definately in!
Hi, I like pie.

¯\(º_o)/¯
Meh, if it's black and white AGAIN there's no way Im in. That was a horrible choice for the last contest, why is it even in the poll? It's been done already.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
Meh, if it's black and white AGAIN there's no way Im in. That was a horrible choice for the last contest, why is it even in the poll? It's been done already.

It's in the poll because it's a popular theme. Black and white isn't about lack of colours, it's about taking what simple shades you have and make it into something intense.

Quote by FloydPink92
well.........you're supposed to vote on it, ya see?

btw i'm definately in!

I'm thinking he was asking a rhetorical question

Nice to see that so many are going to enter!
I'm in for whatever comes up, I need to get my recently taken pictures developed though.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Quote by metalicarules24
I'm in for whatever comes up, I need to get my recently taken pictures developed though.

You using a filmcamera? Man that's hardcore
ok. So ive always gotten my cameras from my uncle because he's a photographer, and a pretty successful one at that. Allowing him to give me one every few years; top of the line. But now that he's dead, and i've lost the camera at an airport that he gave me last october, I'm in a bit of a problem. So, i need to get a camera, because i love taking pictures, and I have a fiance .

Requirements: Not many. If its not a dslr, I would like it to be a digital with more than 7mgs.
And, being a student im kindof tight right now on cash, so try not to hurt my wallet too too badly.

So, I put this here for this being the photography thread being used most currently. Would you all please please please please give me some recommendations ? thanks

EDIT: I've never noticed how much i like to start sentences with so. lol
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Aww...man id love to be in it but i just gave in my d-70 for repairs

Ill join next time ....best of luck to all of ya

And guys can i submit old photographs ive taken if it matches the theme ??? If i can count me in !!
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by Kensai
You using a filmcamera? Man that's hardcore

Haha, well the pictures I posted in the photo thread aren't from my film camera but yeah I just started using it. It's from like '85 but I've got some nice lenses for it, like a 135 mm and a wide angle lens. The pictures probably come out better than my digital too considering my digi cam is 10 years old and like 1.2 megapixel.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
i´m in!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
hey man, got room for another judge? i wanted to be in the last two, but my camera had broke. grrr
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Black and white! Come on!
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by X-Boy
Aww...man id love to be in it but i just gave in my d-70 for repairs

Ill join next time ....best of luck to all of ya

And guys can i submit old photographs ive taken if it matches the theme ??? If i can count me in !!

Sorry to hear about your D70, I just got mine back. But hey, atleast you get the firmware updated to 1.3

Oh and sorry, no, you cannot submit old photos. This is to ensure everyone has an equally fair chance. But if you can get to borrow a friend's camera that's great, we don't mind more contestants

Quote by christianbassis
hey man, got room for another judge? i wanted to be in the last two, but my camera had broke. grrr

Ah, we don't use judges, after the pictures have been taken and submitted everyone can vote for their favourite one. But see if you can borrow a camera from a friend or so, it's always nice to have more contestants

Quote by metalicarules24
Haha, well the pictures I posted in the photo thread aren't from my film camera but yeah I just started using it. It's from like '85 but I've got some nice lenses for it, like a 135 mm and a wide angle lens. The pictures probably come out better than my digital too considering my digi cam is 10 years old and like 1.2 megapixel.

Haha, niiice...
Well, digi or film, whatever's your choice
I guess we should have the debate whether Black and white should be included since it was the last competition. I wasnt around for that comp, so im sorry to say i voted B/W this time without knowing. Maybe ill be lucky and "Conceptual" will win..
If at first you dont succeed,
dragon slaying is not for you.

I hope my main man Kensai wins.

He's a dude.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by RaV3nous
I guess we should have the debate whether Black and white should be included since it was the last competition. I wasnt around for that comp, so im sorry to say i voted B/W this time without knowing. Maybe ill be lucky and "Conceptual" will win..

well, it's a popular subject. Once the poll is over I'll put up some galleries to inspire everyone.

Can't say I like it myself right now but I promise you: Next time I'll veto against B&W so we can get some new stuff in

Quote by cagnius
I hope my main man Kensai wins.

He's a dude.

Awh you're so sweet, cagnius

I hope you enter too
Quote by Kensai
It's in the poll because it's a popular theme. Black and white isn't about lack of colours, it's about taking what simple shades you have and make it into something intense.

Who gives a fuck? Its BEEN DONE, its BORING, it SUCKS.

No more fucking contests for me, this is bullshit.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
Who gives a fuck? Its BEEN DONE, its BORING, it SUCKS.

No more fucking contests for me, this is bullshit.

Tell me something that hasn't been done then, and should be basic enough for everyone to do without years of experience.

Can't say I'm sorry that you're not competing when you've got that attitude.
Agh damn!! I hate thinking in black and white!! I have an slr in black and white but no scanner, and a digital camera for which i can set the monitor to black and white, but thats cheating in my eyes, not the same as having to think of how something will look stripped of colour. But I'm still in. Oh and Liberation, if you dont like it don't take part. Don't insult it.
Page 1 of 2