ok, i just got a DFH and the action on it is insanely high, and i hate high action, i try 2 adjust the action, but when i do that either the trem is stickin up wayyyy high or way low. My 2nd problem is when i try 2 tune it, i tune every string n lock it, but when i double check them, instead of EADGBE its allll out of wack. Any help please?
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
Set the action, then set the spring tension to even the bridge out. If it's stick up too far, then tighten the springs and vice versa.

Each time you tune a string on a Floyd, you need to retune the other strings. Repeat this process until all strings remain in tune.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Yeah, that tuning process is why trem systems are a pain.

And as the guy said above me, you need to sort out the springs round the back of the guitar to adjust the trem height.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Tuning Floyd Rose

1) Loosen the locking nut
2) Set your fine tuners to middle position
3) Tune up your guitar to standard or whichever tunings u wish. "Cross-tuning" between strings if you want easier. Tune the low E string> A string> low E string again> D string> low E string>A string... and so forth. Keep repeating for all strings. To make it more easier, tune the low E generally a bit sharper or about half step sharper, so that you might not have to repeat crossing the strings again and again.
4) If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa, until the bridge is parallel to the body.
5) Be patient
6) If you're happy with your tunings and your bridge is well centered, lock in the nut
7) Tune again using the fine tuners

Also some tips - You might want to have at least 3 springs and after following the tuning method above, tighten the 2 claw's screw for about 1/8th or 1/4th more. This is to prevent your floating bridge from getting stuck to the knife edges on the posts (action studs) after you bend notes. You can ignore this if your bridge/trem is reliable (e.g. Edge Pro, Edge, ZR, Lo-Pro Edge, Original Floyd Rose, Licensed Floyd Rose by Kahler/Schaller/Gotoh). But still you may face this problem even if your bridge is very good.

Stretch the strings first if they're new

More info on tuning floyd roses - http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html
Info on changing strings - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_re-stringing_guitar.html
Picture guide on how to perform the #4 step mentioned above - http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/floydrosetremolo.htm
http://www.jemsite.com/tech/1setup.htm#step1

------------------------------------------ madpickin03®------------------------------------------
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
thanks everybody , will do
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
Hey i got the tremelo/bridge problem too, i know how to tune it and everything but with the strings in tune they pull the bridge forward even though there are 3 springs on the damned thing :S
i cant even use the tremelo to dip notes, only to sharpen them... sucks, any help?
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
2x single 1x double hum. coils
Overlord of Music floyd-rose style bridge
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Danelectric Fab metal dist.
DigiTech RP80 effects modeller
yu need to tightin the springs to even it out im pretty sure..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by LifeForce99
Hey i got the tremelo/bridge problem too, i know how to tune it and everything but with the strings in tune they pull the bridge forward even though there are 3 springs on the damned thing :S
i cant even use the tremelo to dip notes, only to sharpen them... sucks, any help?

then you dont know how to tune it....simply....

read my #4 guide
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Tuning Floyd Rose

Better have a few jokes to pitch at the audience while changing a broken string during a gig.

Reminds me of this band during one of those open day festivals in summer, when bands line up behind stages all throughout the city to take on 45 minute sets. During their first song, this kid breaks a string on his Floyd Rose equipped metal churnin axe. Half an hour later, the kid was still trying to tune up, when the stage manager called out "end of set" before asking the band to quickly leave the stage for the next band.