Apparently, if I do well in my GCSEs, my parents will buy me a new bass. Wehey! I don't know what to choose really, its between a Fender Precision Special and a Fender Jaguar, but does anyone know which is best for playing indie, or if one's generally better than the other?

Thanks in advance
I'd always go with the Jaguar, if not for versatility alone. I'm going to get one of those as soon as I can, probably be a while yet hehe. It suits a wide variety of styles of music so may come in useful in the future, should you want to play a different style or soemthing.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Well to be honest I'm not a fan of either, but I'm more of a fan of Jaguar because you couldn't get me near most Presicion basses, jaguars at least have some versatility. I'd take a Jazz Bass over them both any day (With a stylish pickup cover of course )

But that's just me, go play them and decide for yourself, fairly simple.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
The P-bass Special is the one w/ the Jazz Single Coil at the bridge, right? I've played one, and it's fairly nice. The bridge pickup will probably add more versatility than a standard P-bass.

The Jaguar is pretty good as well, but I'm guessing you'll have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to get a nice tone, seeing as how it has all those switches and whatnot.

Anyways, play each one, and decide which you like better.