Im looking to building my own guitar. I want the shape of a Dean ML series with a Original Floyd Rose Tremolo or Ibanez Edge Tremolo bridge and a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge like the Washburn Dimebag has in the new Guitar World magazine. So I was wondering what kind of wood would be the best and what pickups would be good. I want to play thrash and other metal as well as stuff like RHCP, Audioslave, etc. Also I have looked on Warmoth and their prices are pretty hefty so I was wondering what another good site would be. Thanks for the help.
Well, if you want a dimebag sound, then you should probably go for a mahogany body and a Bill Lawrence L500XL bucker in the bridgepos.
As for the singlecoil IDK, but if you go for a humbucker in the neck as well, maybe the SD SH-1 (The '59).
Although I'm not near being any expert on the RHCP/Audioslave type sound, I'm more of a metalguy
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Do a Little '59 and some other single coil, then have a toggle switch so you can select one or both of the neck pickups.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Dimebag mostly used the bridge and kept the neck stock I think It should be pretty cool I might think about making one of these instead of a dinky.
you could just buy the Dimebag Signature CFH
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
you could just buy the Dimebag Signature CFH

Go home he wants to make a guitar not buy one.
Mahogany body, OFR, Bill lawrence are the main features for a DBD guitar (other than the obvious ML shape.)
Quote by 420 FREAK
Dimebag mostly used the bridge and kept the neck stock I think It should be pretty cool I might think about making one of these instead of a dinky.

No, he had a Bill Lawrence in the neck, which he used more than that trash Dimebucker at the bridge.
What dimebucker he only used the dimebucker a little but the bill lawrence l-500xl is what he had in the bridge and i'm pretty sure that sometimes he had a l-500 in the neck the 59 was a stock neck pickup tho.