Page 1 of 2
My band has been together for a long time, we've recorded an album, sold tons of copies, played with some bigger bands, like Marianas Trench, The Salads, Jet Set Satellite, Socialight etc.

Anyways, locally we're pretty popular, but we've all decided it's finally time to go our seperate ways. We're all still best friends, and there's no hard feelings at all... it just feels like time to move on.

Our last show will be March 24th @ Red Square in St Catharines, Ontario. This is convieniantly the first place we ever played. We want to throw a HUGE party. we're playing for over 2 hours, playing every song we know... both our electric and acoustic sets, and we think we're going to document the whole thing (including tons of "backstage" type stuff) and release it on a DVD.

Basically, we all want this to be the best night of our lives, and we know the place will be packed.

So what I'm asking you UG'ers is... what other stuff should we do to make this a night to remember? No matter how crazy, we're willing to day pretty much anything.

My band, Mistaken Prophecy *Clicky*
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
sounds fun have everyone rush the stage afterwards, and throw a ridiculously big party, like spread it abot local internet circles etc, aim for a few thousand people, get the police called in, you'll be in the papers
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
uhh, party all night? Sounds fun to me.

EDIT: And like some guy said above me, play a really cool song at the end, something sorta emotional, but loud at the same time and have everybody chant along and rush onto the stage. That would be sweet..

But don't break up if you're doing good... you never know, you might get big out of Ontario and maybe make a lot of money and have even more fun. I wouldn't wanna split after having good times. Who doesn't wanna play all the time with their best friends? That's what I like about playing in a band. Fun, music, and friends.
Last edited by guitarkid2113 at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by Dumps
1. if your just known locally, dont waste money on a DVD, you won't make much from it.
2. if your band is going good and your selling and gradually getting there, why split?
3. who the **** are Marianas Trench, The Salads, Jet Set Satellite and Socialight?

i dont want seem like a prick, im sure you're all really great people and a good band, what are your reasons for splitting up?

I don't see why they shouldnt do a DVD they are a good band I am listening to their MySpace songs now

It will be great to watch for memories and well when they get together and laugh about the little bits they mess up (everyone will mess up at least once in a gig)

Threadstarter Goodluck to you with what ever you do, new band, whatever etc. ye are a good band though
stage dive with your instruments on. and still playing them. especially the drummer.

in all seriousness though, just give it everything you've got and feel no pressure about making it a great gig for fans. Just make sure you enjoy it and the fans will too!
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by dazzler16
I don't see why they shouldnt do a DVD they are a good band I am listening to their MySpace songs now

It will be great to watch for memories and well when they get together and laugh about the little bits they mess up (everyone will mess up at least once in a gig)

Threadstarter Goodluck to you with what ever you do, new band, whatever etc. ye are a good band though

oh come on, i deleted that message, i felt well bad. read it and i thought thats harsh of me. was all fired up.

obviously if its the end of the band, why not? is the question that should be asked all the time. go for it.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Hey, i think i've seen you guys at red square.
I'm from St.Kitts.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Basically, though like I said we are still good friends, but why we're breaking up is:

1. The band was hard on our singer & guitarists relationship, and they'd rather be friends and pursue other interests

2. Our singer and drummer were losing enthusiasm over the project, those songs on myspace are 2 years old and we've been having a really hard time writing new ones.

3. The guitarist and I would rather start a new band then find a new singer & guitarist... we don't want this to turn into Guns n' Roses.

4. Our singer and I (and maybe our drummer) are going to college/university in september so we might have to pack up by then anyways.

EDIT:

Quote by alex_haeni
Hey, i think i've seen you guys at red square.
I'm from St.Kitts.

We haven't played red square in about a year, though we did play there a lot before.. Lately we've been hanging out at Port Mansion (Port Dalhousie) or Isaac's Pub (Brock University)
Last edited by sg4eva at Feb 8, 2007,
Ive never heard of any of those bands. You are local, nobody will care to get the dvd.
Quote by I<3Squier
Ive never heard of any of those bands. You are local, nobody will care to get the dvd.

So, may as well have some fun and go out with a bang
Quote by sg4eva

We haven't played red square in about a year, though we did play there a lot before.. Lately we've been hanging out at Port Mansion (Port Dalhousie) or Isaac's Pub (Brock University)

I go to both places quite often.
I'll be there on the 24th.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by I<3Squier

as much as that is probably true, I wouldn't take advice from someone whose username is I<3Squier
I was suspicious, as usually when people say their band is good it's not. But I was very pleasantly surprised, it was good stuff

I think the reasons you've posted make it probably a good idea that the bands ending, especially the first point.

It sounds like it'd be a great gig
does the fact that there's an isaac's pub at brock university have ANYTHING to do with isaac brock from modest mouse? it seems an odd coincidence. either way, just play your fucking hearts out. go big or go home and such. maybe wear themed costumes or just make a theme for the gig's overall appearance. we had one local band come out dressed like pirates and play the pirates of the carribean theme at our last battle of the bands.
I will fuc
why are you breaking up exactly? you got some good songs. very catchy.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Why would they dress up like something at the end? Lol.

Look, I LOVE you guys, honestly. You're definitely an awesome band... But don't make it TOO emotional, you know? Like, to an extent where it's corny.

Just be yourself like you've done in past shows, and be sure to just thank everybody who helped you along the way. Put every song out to the fans, etc. It's all about them man.

Good job with your band though, I really dig the music. You're one of the few good bands I've heard of UG.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Quote by alex_haeni
I go to both places quite often.
I'll be there on the 24th.

Thanks man, it means a lot.

I'm the bass player btw, so if you're there, come say hello!
Breaking the guitars sounds fun. But I don't really think you should do that...

It would be nice inviting someone from a bigger band, just for playing a song or two. That would be unforgettable.

I sincerely wish you a great show. Wish I could go...

this was so wierd reading this i never thought that in a million years i would find another person(s) from st.catharines ill def. go to see you guys at red square sounds like quite a show
^ Well to be completely honest... I'm from Niagara Falls lol.

But the rest of the band is from St Catharines, and St Catharines has much better venues than Niagara.
I checked out your Myspace a while ago, and i love it. I wish i could get to St. Catherines for the show, you guys are awesome.
Thanks man, we really appreciate it. Ever since announcing this we're having tons of people coming out of the woodwork that we never knew had even heard of us.

It makes me feel really shitty about the band breaking up...

But at the same time I'm so stoked for this one last hurrah, it's a weird feeling.
Have you got anything lined up for when your out of the band, like any people you could start a new band with?
I'm already working on some acoustic stuff with our guitarist Russ... it'll start just the 2 of us with me on guitar instead of bass and him singing (he's not our singer but has a good voice) and maybe it'll grow into a bigger band.

And Kyle, or singer/guitarist is going solo, but asked me if I'd back him up on either acoustic guitar or bass.

Though I'd like to be in a hard rock band again, the rush is just unreal. I love acoustic music, but I need the metal-ish stuff too.
Thats awesome man, well if you get anything going p.m. because id be interested in taking a listen. Thanks.
First off I got to say you guys sound really good. One of the best high school bands I've ever heard.

On Topic: Maybe buy some bad equipment and at the end you could just destroy it. It always gets the crowd going. Like a bad amp. The DVD idea sounds cool, just because in about 20 years your gonna want to be able to watch it again and remember the good times you had.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
dude, like everyone else has said, play your brains out, that and be sure to play a lot of cover songs, seriously songs that were never supposed to be made for rock, and play them, like the song from titanic, some of the guys I know did that and it was insane, just weird stuff. That, and the pirate suit idea arrrrrrgh matey
Well, you could make it super special by making a shout out for Brough since it's on my b-day

Or if that won't do I suggest you guys just giver the whole way through and get people on your every move and sound. You guys are a truely excellent band, shame I'll never get to hear anymore stuff from you or see you play in person. Best wishes to you though in your future endevours and hope all goes well for you boys
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Ignore all the ****ing tards who say no one will buy the DVD. You'll make tons of money off of it, no doubt you have quite a few fans, even locally, and all in all it'll be a great memory, don't even think about not recording it. It's great that you got to tour with all those bands, it must've been a great experience. Again, ignore the retards on here who make it seem like you toured with some meaningless unknown bands. They're just too close minded to realize there's other music out there that's quite successful and good. It's great you got their attention since those bands are pretty big.
You should party it up and go out with the bang for your last show so that you'll be remembered by your fans forever. Nice music, I hope you guys don't quite all music entirely. Good luck with any future projects.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 9, 2007,
if u make a dvd, don't do it for the money, case no one will prbly buy it compared to dvds from like bands that play internationaly and stuff. U should put it online for free or soemthing , cause free stuff is pretty cool.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
if u make a dvd, don't do it for the money, case no one will prbly buy it compared to dvds from like bands that play internationaly and stuff. U should put it online for free or soemthing , cause free stuff is pretty cool.

No, don't listen to this guy. Have fun while making money. Why give these ****ers free stuff?
i clicked on the myspace link and you guys are really really good! im sorry you're breaking up.. i hope your next band is as good as this one.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Embodiment
No, don't listen to this guy. Have fun while making money. Why give these ****ers free stuff?

So isnt that what bigger bands are doing? Ya know, what people call sell outs and hate them because they actually make money.
Quote by Starbucks
So isnt that what bigger bands are doing? Ya know, what people call sell outs and hate them because they actually make money.

But big bands are already rich so they can affort to give out some free stuff. Smaller bands don't have that much financial income.
And selling out is different than getting people to buy your music as opposed to giving it away free. Musicians need money too.
Page 1 of 2