hey all, im getting ready to build a razorback and it has an original floyd rose tremelo, what neck to body angle would it have, if any. im pretty sure there shouldn't be an angle, but im wondering if that is so?
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
i know this sounds odd, but i have mine pulled up so when im doing my dimebag-esque squeals, i can go higher, and also to kick my awfull habit of dive bombing
It depends on the dimensions of the Floyd Rose bridge. Honestly, buy the bridge first, and draw out a full size plan so you can figure it out.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
well i do have plans for the razorback i bout from guitarplansunlimited.com he's an awsome guy, and he says the necks on warmoth will work so i have an idea for that, as for the trem, im looking at a 1-11/16 with wide string spacing, and im sure you've seen an original floyd rose before. the neck pocket of the guitar is 5/8 of an inch deep, so i dont know if that leaves high enough action for the trem to be flush to the body, what do you think? (sorry im just not into drawing a full scale diagram.)
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

anyone?
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

Quote by g-cash14
(sorry im just not into drawing a full scale diagram.)

Don't build a guitar then. Seriously, if you're not down with drawing something out to figure out your problems, then why take the time to build the guitar right?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
+1 Algee. If you cant be bothered spending ten minutes drawing out the plans, you'll never finish the guitar. No one can answer your question, its impossible, because of all the varying differences in neck joint depths, neck sizes, recess depths, trem dimensions, etc, etc, etc

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
ten minute my ass, if it only took that long id do it, but it doesnt seeing as i dont do tis proffesionally, thanks for the help, but i e-mailed the guy i bought the plans from and no there is no angle.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

Erm, you've never drawn out fullscale plans, how would you know how long it takes? It does literally take 10 minutes to do dude.

Good luck.

Chris
Quote by AlGeeEater
Erm, you've never drawn out fullscale plans, how would you know how long it takes? It does literally take 10 minutes to do dude.

Good luck.

Chris

Chris, it doesnt matter, his buddy with the plans can help him out. I mean seriously, who are we to help this guy learn a valuable trick that will further his experience and help him out with ever future guitar build he ever decides to tackle... :stickpoke

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Chris, it doesnt matter, his buddy with the plans can help him out. I mean seriously, who are we to help this guy learn a valuable trick that will further his experience and help him out with ever future guitar build he ever decides to tackle... :stickpoke

Oh, do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."