This is not a metalcore thread. My friend or my so-called friend somehow got in his head that the drummer from Avenged Sevenfold "the rev" is better than Thomas Haake from Meshuggah. Please give me more reasons why Thomas Haake is better and if you think the rev is better then give me reasons why. Thanx
Haake is great with making polyrhythms in these insane times signatures like 17/12, 18/8..... Gawd, I don't even try to keep up.
How is this even a debate? Only people with their heads up their asses would think that guy is better than Tomas Haake.
Dude, tell your friend that if he respects metal at all, he'll stop listening to Avenged Sevenfold.
In all honesty, they are what's wrong with metal today. It isn't some glam fashion show played about on MTV. People think as soon as you play out of a distorted, mid cut amp, and play fast drums, you're metal.

*Sorry if you like them, but compared to Meshuggah (or any other respectable band), they are nothing.
god i hate A7X fanboys, some guy from school says that Synister Gates is better at guitar than Dimebag, thats just ****ing pathetic.
Quote by lisagabe
god i hate A7X fanboys, some guy from school says that Synister Gates is better at guitar than Dimebag, thats just ****ing pathetic.

Oh dear god... give that kid a slap for me.
Maybe clean his ears and eyes out with some acid while you're at it.
Of course Haake pwns. First of all, he can play, as previously mentioned, in two different time signatures at the same time. Secondly, he plays for a good band.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Of course Haake pwns. First of all, he can play, as previously mentioned, in two different time signatures at the same time. Secondly, he plays for a good band.

and thirdly, he doesn't look like a gender-confused 13 year old.

edit: and way to make an idiot out of yourself, Dr Grinwraith.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
and thirdly, he doesn't look like a gender-confused 13 year old.

edit: and way to make an idiot out of yourself, Dr Grinwraith.

come on just look at them!
I love Sevenfold

ub tcome on...
the rev cant keep up...
and synyster aint the greatest... he is just quick ( i didnt say fast)
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
come on just look at them!

well yeah, they look pretty retarded, but if their music was worthwhile I wouldn't care as much. And considering you have never listened to either band, you're in no position to judge, I believe

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
well yeah, they look pretty retarded, but if their music was worthwhile I wouldn't care as much. And considering you have never listened to either band, you're in no position to judge, I believe

i'v seen his attepted sweep picking
Well..it seems to me that the threadstarters "friend" hasn't heard anything MTV or Fuse hasn't played. Sure, we can shun and scowl at the fact that the kid thought that Rev was better than Haake, albeit none of us Metal Regs would say so or dare think it.

Just let this thread die, it's nothing more than a spam fest to hate on A7X and all those people who like them. This thread = ****ed.

*reported*
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
never listen to either band but i know everyone from avenged sevenfold sucks ass

How would you know a7x sucks if you have never heard...YOUR the reason music is so ****ed up, you never listen to them but you say they suck just because other people do. Grow up child.

Haake is more technical then the rev, the rev can play catchy drum beats that fit with songs.

And about the syn vs dimebag thing, quit acting like he is a god, he is far from it. Neither are technical guitar masters.
I mean im a huge fan of the whole sevenfold gang, and the rev is pretty talented, but coem on lets be real, theres no way in hell the rev is better. he would get his shit beat.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL