hi guys. with my tubescreamer, and my ibanez, i can get a pretty decent AC/DC sound, but i dont have bite. is this my settings? or is it the pedal? i know its not the guitar, cos angus used mahongany.

the screamer is set on full tone, full overdrive and 3/4 level. my amp settings are t-10 m- 6 b - 6

what am i doing? is it just the pedal, or is there a way to sharpen it?

thanks!
Screw around with your settings a bit. I find that if I keep all my settings around 5 or 6, it gives me the best sound out of my DF-7 Distortion Factory. You could give that a try, good luck!
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
im not sure thats the problem. im just hoping its not the overdrive. cos if this one can do it, no overdrive can. and i dont want a modded overdrive either.

i think its cos overdrives cant do biting. just warm.
Well, Angus used Marshalls, cranked, little to no gain, and no pedals. Could be your amp.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
get a gibson sg...and a marshall amp...you dont own anything there that will give you a decent AC/DC tone...
Quote by SupremeACL
Well, Angus used Marshalls, cranked, little to no gain, and no pedals. Could be your amp.

i hate it when people say that, cos it was not little to no gain. it was actually set on 6. i have my tubescreamer cos it gives me better control of the overdrive. i know its not my amp. its all tube, and has a decent amount of gain, so i dont think its it.

the AXS is mahogany, and HH. with a 11k output bridge pickup. near anguses. im not trying to copy it. im trying just to sound like them.
Easy man hes just trying to get some help and get the sound he wants with the equipment he has.
you need to stop shooting down everybodys suggestions. if its not your guitar, amp, or pedals, what the hell else can it be?

listen to what people say or dont bother asking questions.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now don't you think you went too far on that one?

me? no. i was just asking for help. ive been reported about that before.

Angus Young of AC/DC
Gain - 5
Treble - 10
Mid - 10
Bass - 5

well i was close. idk what im doing wrong. my settings are near that. and my gain is actually on 5.
Quote by Arlabester
i hate it when people say that, cos it was not little to no gain. it was actually set on 6. i have my tubescreamer cos it gives me better control of the overdrive. i know its not my amp. its all tube, and has a decent amount of gain, so i dont think its it.

the AXS is mahogany, and HH. with a 11k output bridge pickup. near anguses. im not trying to copy it. im trying just to sound like them.

You're trying to tell me that you have pictures of his equipment and the gain knob is set to 6? Or do you have a video of him saying he put his gain on 6?
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Your trying to tell me that you have pictures of his equipment and the gain knob is set to 6? Or do you have a video of him saying he put his gain on 6?

ive got the ultimate settings thread. which means someone found out some how.
cheames-warned.

For more bite, turn down the distortion on the pedal, and turn up the boost.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
cheames-warned.

For more bite, turn down the distortion on the pedal, and turn up the boost.

OH! THANK YOU! ill try that...

you mean distortion down, and level up? well if thats what it was, it worked. thanks a lot!
Last edited by Arlabester at Feb 8, 2007,
You're probably not gonna get exact if you're "Anti-Gibson".
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Angus Young's amp settings are all around 5. why do you ask for advice when you go on to answer your own questions (incorrectly) after a while anyway...if you ask for advice, you should at least be open to suggestions.
Quote by SupremeACL
You're probably not gonna get exact if you're "Anti-Gibson".

lol i know. i might actually get a g-400 eventually, but the AXS (as ive stated) is near a sg.

but, thanks again that pink queen! it worked!

EDIT: Bwahaha! i suck at typing today.
Quote by Arlabester
OH! THANK YOU! ill try that...

you mean distortion down, and level up? well if thats what it was, it worked. thanks a lot!

Yep, that's right. The built in distortion in the pedal tends to muffle it if you're going for a more gainy sound IMO. Only use the pedal's distortion for the low-medium gain stuff. When you're after more gain with some bite IMO a boost is what you need.

Also, power tube distortion is essential. To get it turn your master volume up all the way, and leave it there. Then turn up the regular old volume till you get breakup.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Yep, that's right. The built in distortion in the pedal tends to muffle it if you're going for a more gainy sound IMO. Only use the pedal's distortion for the low-medium gain stuff. When you're after more gain with some bite IMO a boost is what you need.

Also, power tube distortion is essential. To get it turn your master volume up all the way, and leave it there. Then turn up the regular old volume till you get breakup.

yeah. ive got my gain at 6.