ok so i want to put some more blues into my music so what better to do then learn the blues scale? but i have a question, i know the scale in its first position and was wondering how do i play it in different spots with out changing the key (like you do with the major scale). a tab of the scale or a formula (ex.WWHWWWH) would be great.
thanks!
Well blues is usually played out of the major and minor scales with slight variations. I believe blues consists mainly out the iolian - phrygrian - mixolydian (My spelling is way off)

Sorry, no scale picture though. Try google image search or something like that.
From my understandings, blues can be played anywhere the minor pentatonic can be played. So if your playing in A minor pent., you can add in that D# somewhere and it'll still fit.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Here is the box pattern for the scale. This is a moveable scale so if you are in the key of D, then put it on the 10th fret.

|-R-|---|---|-o-|---|
|-o-|---|---|-o-|---|
|-o-|---|-o-|-o-|---|
|-o-|---|-R-|---|---|
|-o-|-o-|-o-|---|---|
|-R-|---|---|-o-|---|

Ok so I think thats right. And I hoped I answered your question, if not, well someone else will understand it I hope.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by kword_jones
ok so i want to put some more blues into my music so what better to do then learn the blues scale? but i have a question, i know the scale in its first position and was wondering how do i play it in different spots with out changing the key (like you do with the major scale). a tab of the scale or a formula (ex.WWHWWWH) would be great.
thanks!

You learn the intervals of the scale, you learn all the notes on the neck. Hard work, but it will pay off thousands of times over.