Anyone now how to practice playing live? I feel stupid for asking, but when I play, its not really exciting to watch and stuff. Yeah, learn some guitar spins and stuff, but I guess I just want to hear how other people practice for a show.
i just rock out in my room jamming along to cds and go mental. like pretend im in that band and then take it to the show and carry on where i left off
Have some energy, move around, get way into the music. Jumps are cool if you can do them. Guitar spins are kind of dumb in my opinion.

Best advice is to feel the music, the rest should come naturally.
Just let it flow. Keep it natural. Dont fake it because everyone knows when someone is faking and it doesnt look good.

P.S. This thread will probably get closed. You might want to move it under Electric Guitar.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
you can't practice it just do what feels right
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Like Mike said, it's something that can't be practised. If you're not into the music enough for it to make you move then that's just the way it is.

It's not about how many times you can spin your guitar around your head before it hits you or someone else in the face it's about being into the music. If a guy was just spinning his guitar i'd think he was just trying far too hard and didn't feel the music because it doesn't fit the music.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Before a show, to get into it, I usually go through my routine.

1. Straighten my fringe
2. Find my new Bandanna
3. Practice my pit routine for the support acts
4. X up
5. Put my jeans in the bucket of iced water then dry them really quick for that extra squeeze
6. Lube up my legs and slide on the jeans
7. Find a shirt of a band that hopefully nobody has ever heard of and slide that shit on
8. Rub olive oil all over my arms and tats to make them extra shiny for the cameras
9 Get my guitar out of the closet where it's been since Sunday from band prac and head off to the show.

I'm cr00sh.
Quote by Gymmeh
Before a show, to get into it, I usually go through my routine.

1. Straighten my fringe
2. Find my new Bandanna
3. Practice my pit routine for the support acts
4. X up
5. Put my jeans in the bucket of iced water then dry them really quick for that extra squeeze
6. Lube up my legs and slide on the jeans
7. Find a shirt of a band that hopefully nobody has ever heard of and slide that shit on
8. Rub olive oil all over my arms and tats to make them extra shiny for the cameras
9 Get my guitar out of the closet where it's been since Sunday from band prac and head off to the show.

I'm cr00sh.

hahaha
Quote by Cedence
Have some energy, move around, get way into the music. Jumps are cool if you can do them. Guitar spins are kind of dumb in my opinion.

Best advice is to feel the music, the rest should come naturally.

'tis the way to go.

Don't push yourself too badly. It's laughable when people do that. Spins normally come off as people doing that to me.

I haven't gigged in ages, but I go into the crowd during performance. Carry on as normal. That seems to work quiet well, especially if your doing vocals.