Ok, so being a natural lefty I decided to play left handed due to the fact I knew I'd be able to pick better and faster with this hand compared to my right. But now I see most of my co-ordination is in this hand too.

So how hard is it to change from being a lefty player to playing 'normally' (excluding theory etc) as I'd like to be ambidextrous but I don't know if I would be able to progress further with my left handed being the fretting hand instead of the picking hand.

Also there is a small market for left handed guitars and I do believe the Gibson Les Paul HD.6x-Pro isn't going to be left handed for a long long time, and this is also a reason I'd like to change.
UG's only Manic Street Preachers Fan [So It Seems]
임정현 / FunTwo - Canon Rock
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature
You know, I once thought about this and I figured that no matter if youre a lefty or a righty, when you pick up a normal guitar for the first time and start playing and reading tabs, it jsut comes naturally to fret with the left and pick with the right.
I even figured that it has to be easier for a lefty to play guitar, because his fretting hand is already the quicker one.
I switched about 2 weeks into guitar, wasn't too hard.... you have probably played for a while though eh? :/
I'm a lefty that plays right handed. My friend is also a lefty and he plays left handed. I tried to play his guitar once and it was extremely awkward feeling. There's no way I could play left handed now. Might be different for you, find someone with a right handed guitar and try it out.
I use both hands for different things. But I worked out I use my right hand for precision and my left hand for power. E.g right hand = writing, fork hand, throwing, golf.
left hand = Snooker, using my knife.

I dunno im wierd.

So I pick with my left hand and fret with my right. It felt right for me anyway, I couldnt imagine playing the other way.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Chex
I use both hands for different things. But I worked out I use my right hand for precision and my left hand for power. E.g right hand = writing, fork hand, throwing, golf.
left hand = Snooker, using my knife.

I dunno im wierd.

So I pick with my left hand and fret with my right. It felt right for me anyway, I couldnt imagine playing the other way.

Thats so cool. I'm right handed and my left hand is f*cking useless
Im left handed but play right handed bass and i am setting out to learn to switch to playing left handed becaseu idk i just think it would help.