i have a custom guitar made of basswood, shaped like a washburn stealth

and it has a licensed floyd rose tremolo on it with the locking fret thing

i'm also getting a new half stack soon...an ibanez tbx 150 watt head with an ibanez straight 4x12 cab

i play in a punk and a metal band...and i experiment will all types of tunings

the neck pickup's gonna be a dimarzio PAF (since i already have it) and i just need to know what a good bridge pickup would be....

please don't suggest EMGs or dimebuckers cuz those are outta my price range

i'm thinking something like....the dimarzio evolution? or evo2? which ones better?
dimarzio super distortion, or d-sonic if you use lower tunings.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
get a dimebucker, there meant for tremelo's, they have something on em so when your strings touch the pickup it doesnt make a messed up noise
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
so far my list is:
dimarzio evolution
dimarzio evo2
dimarzio fred
dimarzio joe
seymour duncan dimebucker
dimarzio super distortion
dimarzio d sonic
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
get a dimebucker, there meant for tremelo's, they have something on em so when your strings touch the pickup it doesnt make a messed up noise

eww.. dimebucker. the double blade design isnt for tremolo use. its to copy the look of the Bill Lawrence L500-XL << Dimebags real pickup.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
so far my list is:

I'll give you my brief assesment of it...

dimarzio evolution - good if you're a shredder, not ideal for metal, crap for punk
dimarzio evo2 - as above, just a bit tamer
dimarzio fred - big midrange spike, medium output, good all-round pickup but might be a bit too distinctive sounding
dimarzio joe - as above
seymour duncan dimebucker - shite
dimarzio super distortion - good choice, slightly fizzy quality to the distortion but you may like that
dimarzio d sonic - balanced tone, slightly scooped sounding, good for dropped tunings.

and I'll add a couple more.

dimarzio breed - very fat, thick lower midrange, good if you want to give basswood a bit more warmth and character, versatile.
dimarzio norton - good, versatile pickup, not too hot to clean up, good harmonics and balanced tone
Seymour duncan custom - overwound vintage style but powerful, more raunchy sounding than the more modern, denser sounding dimarzios
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The L500Xl is worth considering, also consider cheap guitarfeish.com parts.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by AnarchyGuitarst
whoa....can i get in trouble for that? i hope not. i'm using an old computer, and when i put submit it took me to tha t"cant find server" page....

It's cool. Just delete your first post on the duplicate thread and it will go away.