Currently i have a dean hardtail with a frontman 15r (which i hate)...ive been saving up for a while and i thought for sure i wanted an amp...i was goin for the jtm45 but then it occured to me that with that amount of money i could buy a cheaper tube amp and a gibson lp, which would be awesome.....so im stuck with the question, les paul with cheap tube amp or dean hardtail with jtm45?
id personally got for tube amp and lp
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Well you know your going to want the best of both worlds eventually. So buy the amp that you love...dont buy something thats just ok. Bc you wont be happy for long. Then once you save up again buy the guitar. That way eventually you are happy with your most important pieces of gear.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Get a Carvin tube amp like MTS3200, they are cheap and supposed to be comparable to Marshalls, or get the V3 its good and also cheap. Then you'll have a good amp and a good guitar.
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
1970's Raven SG copy (extreme modifications)
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
and of course... a disco ball
i guess my question really is should i get my guitar first or amplifier first?
most people will say get a better amp because that's your tone. but i say get a better guitar because that's what you practice on. would you rather build your skills up more or have better tone?

plus if you're looking at a jtm45, i don't know if the amp is gonna be all that important to you. that amp is so old school that it doesn't distort until you crank it.
DETHKLOK RULZ!