hey guys, i just wanted to experiment with scalloping on my squire. im not gonna have time to go get a round file untill next weekend. so i was wondering if its possible just to do it with like 2 sheets of sand paper? lol or if i should just wait the extra week or so and get the round file?

im only talking 12-21 btw

thanks guys
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
what is the grit of the paper?

i would just wait, i dont think 2 pages of paper will hold out that long
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The round file makes it way more easy and accurate, you could use the sandpaper but the file is worth it, if you really don't want to wait, roll the sandpaper around a sharpie or something round and thick and use that, although you should get the file.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
i dont remember how rough the paper is 250 grit maybe? also how can i fix little indentations in the frets? can i just sand them?

ive just realized how shit this neck is lol the frets are in bad shape so maybe ill just go with the sandpaper on 18-21 and see how it works out. i have no idea if ill even like a scalloped neck as ive never tried one before.

ill post pics up later if they come out alright
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
even when you use the file, you might find other things usefull as well. like then bits of dowel, pens, your finger whetever! just make sure that each little scallop is smooth and round, and the same depth allong it's lenth. like a little half pipe.
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
i scalloped 12-21 last night and strung it up. i dont think i did them deep enough. so i think im gunna loosen up the string i put on it and sand some more. then ill try and post some pics
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
They have to be scalloped from fretwire to fretwire exactly, with a nice oval shape. I had a thread on when I scalloped my Yamaha's board, but I think I deleted it. Sorry. Just make sure they are even, it won't take one day, it could take a week, it took me two weeks to get 15-22 perfectly.