I've always been curious as to why the F in the Fender logo is backwards, IMO it does look better in that font with it backwards but does anyone know when and why it came about?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
It's just the way the font is.

And now it's a registered trademark... Well, can't change it, can they?
isnt the f cursive? lol cursive f's look like that they just have a dip in the top which probably was compensated for the design
Maybe it would make less sense to put it normal.
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
It's a modified cursive method of writing the letter F. Honestly I can't believe some of the questions around here.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I never noticed that before, untill you told me. It's probably just the font. Like Toys'R'Us's R is backwards.
High as tits
because it looks gay, and its just a preview of whet your gonna get from the gay guitars.....anymore questions? lol
UG's HIPPIE
leo fender was dyslexic :p
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
because it looks gay, and its just a preview of whet your gonna get from the gay guitars.....anymore questions? lol

That right there is some powerful stupid.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
its in cursive,notice the rest of the writing....cursive F's look like that if thats how people right them,its the most used style of that F
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Some styles of cursive use that way of writing an F. I do. Look at the bass clef, it's a stylised F with the two dots around the line that represents F.
It isn't backwards, its stylized.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

You know nothing about music.
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
Because it looks good

honestly do you have no understanding of graphic design at all?
To make it look cool duh.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
If I had to give this a business type answer (I owned a business ) I would have to say these things...

1) Trade Mark and...
2) Instant recognizability

I know that when I was looking at my business name, I wanted something that looked aestheticly pleasing and would make people instantly recognize who we were when they saw it.

This is so important to me that I hired a public relations/advertising firm to design the look. After a few years this actually became my trademark. This is why companies like Coca-Cola, Izod, Nike, Microsoft, Apple, IBM, UPS, and Dell are known by the whole world. When you see each respective company name, you know instantly who and what they are...no questions asked. In the Music Industry, when you see or hear the word Madonna, Prince, Gibson, Fender, or Boss you instatly know who it is.

Chris
Please don't necrobump, this thread is almost ten years old.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.